Mike's American Grill

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
scedotal

Mike's American Grill

Post by scedotal »

Does anyone know when this place is going to open, or what it will be like? It is in the space formerly Sal and Sam's. It looks very nice from the outside.
BTG

Re: Mike's American Grill

Post by BTG »

It says steaks and martinis on the sign.
I am kind of curious as to when it will open and what the history is on the owner and chef.
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

I am wondering if its just a re-organization of the former owners of Ardoise?

Yvette
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Yvette wrote:I am wondering if its just a re-organization of the former owners of Ardoise?
The LA SOS Corporations database tends to support this theory.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
scedotal

Post by scedotal »

Yvette wrote:I am wondering if its just a re-organization of the former owners of Ardoise?

If so, was Ardoise any good? I wanted to try it, since the chef had worked for John Besh, but never did. They never appeared to have much business. I think this place will do well. Just based on the fact that they have put in or opened up a window. You can see in the place and it looks nice. The location seems ideal, so I think they will do well if the food is good.
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

I think that one of the factors regarding sucess of any business in this location is going to be pricing. It is surrounded by businesses and resturants, and being as close to Clearview Mall as it is, dictates that it will be in competition with fast food outlets as well. They are competing with Houston's, Sake Cafe, Chili's, Corky's, Phoencia, Pizza Florance and a couple of Chinese places, not to mention the places in the mall.
Advertising will play an important part as well, and they will have to have something to draw customers away from the other places (either great food or great prices, or both).
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
Casper

Post by Casper »

I read an article about this place about a month ago in one of those "Around the Town" or whatever they're called booklets that come in the mail and usually have restaurant coupons in them. It was an article specifically about the owner(s) and I can't for the life of me remember the name (maybe Montalbano, but really not sure). Anyway, from what I remember the article did say he and his family had been in the New Orleans restaurant business for many years. Maybe someone else remembers reading it and can come up with more details.
Casper

Post by Casper »

According to TOB its being opened by Michael Uddo formerly of G & E Courtyard Grille.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Casper wrote:According to TOB its being opened by Michael Uddo formerly of G & E Courtyard Grille.
Wow! Last month I stumbled upon his email address & was going to email him. I was thinking it would be great if he opened another restaurant.
I got busy & totally forgot about it - never did email him.

Thanks Casper, this is great news!
Now if they only had a courtyard.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Isabella Maja wrote:
Thanks Casper, this is great news!
Now if they only had a courtyard.
and those lamb chops...I still grieve the chops I left behind circa 1996 at G&E.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!