John Besh...National Series

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Yvette

John Besh...National Series

Post by Yvette »

I watch cooking shows, yes even the screaming Gordan Ramsey, but this, will be amazing.

Even though I consider myself a pretty good cook, I would be willing to say I can't boil water just to have Besh at my house cooking with me for two to three days. I could "dumb up" in a second.

I will be watching this one.

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2010/0 ... h_pre.html

Yvette
Schuarta

Re: John Besh...National Series

Post by Schuarta »

Sounds like a great idea. But why "waste" him on people who can't cook (and probably don't treasure good food that much). On the other hand, there are us foodies who could learn so much, and would really appreciate him in our kitchens for 2 or 3 days. :eek:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

For me, I think I will enjoy the new PBS Series that they mention. Art, not sure where local PBS productions end up around the country, but if you have seen the Justin Wilson or Paul Prudehomme series, perhaps your affilliate will buy this series and Besh will be teaching us all. I sure remember Justin Wilson, Earl Peyroux, Mike Roussell (Brennans), Great Chefs of New Orleans (Mary Lou Conroy narrating), etc.

Excerpt from link in above post:
Based on Besh’s 2009 cookbook “My New Orleans,” the PBS show will be shot in the same WYES-Channel 12 studio where Justin Wilson and Paul Prudhomme made popular cooking series for the network.

“New Orleans has had a TV food show since I was a young boy,” Besh said. “I saw it as an opportunity, and talked to chef Paul about it, as a chance to be that ambassador for New Orleans, to get out there and say, ‘Hey, this is a worthy cuisine and a worthy culture.’

“It’s going to be so much fun cooking the foods that I grew up on.”
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

I've always loved PBS (Channel 12 for me) cooking shows.
Yes, the ones I grew up with in the 60's & 70's.
I watched them instead of cartoons as a kid, which makes me wonder . . .
did other children across the nation have this same opportunity back then?

I'll look forward to checking out Besh's show.
Have to agree with Art, Besh would be a better bet for folks like us, but it probably not make for as good of a story.
Exception would be in Yvette's case. She'd be a star! ;)