Orleans Grapevine

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
paz5559

Orleans Grapevine

Post by paz5559 »

EC just recommended this place on Chowhound. I have absolutely nothing to go on - never heard of the place. Menu on their website (http://www.orleansgrapevine.com/menu.html) looks really good - wondered if anyone else had any opinoins
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose
JRO

Re: Orleans Grapevine

Post by JRO »

very nice place, good atmosphere. Not very big at all. I've had several very good meals there. Sometimes they offer good specials
nikinik

Post by nikinik »

I've heard really good things about it...though I've never been. It's on my list though.
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

Thanks for the reminder about this place. We're going to dba for John Boutte on Saturday at 7. It looks like Grapevine's hours are perfect whether we eat early or late...and if it's a nice night, we can just park on Esplanade and walk to both places.
sirvelvet

Post by sirvelvet »

I have been several times. We really like the place, it has a good wine list and the menu has plenty of great appetizers as well as everything else. It can get busy but the service has always been good. They have a great courtyard and we have found it to be a romantic place to dine.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

If they are serving in the courtyard, they must have recently star as in the past, it was off limits for dining. It is a common courtyard with other buildings overlooking, and they had complaints. There are two small sidewalk tables in front, but not too appealing. It is some rather nice food comming out of a very small kitchen. Great for apps too. Many wine selections. I like it.
sirvelvet

Post by sirvelvet »

Forgive my English. I meant that they have a great courtyard and that the restaurant is a romantic place to dine. I haven't eaten in the courtyard either.
JRO

Post by JRO »

pretty sure that there is no dining in the courtyard. You can have drinks but no food