Spicer in Lakeview

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
LiveOak

Spicer in Lakeview

Post by LiveOak »

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf/20 ... pen_a.html

Susan Spicer is opening a restaurant in Lakeview in the former Lago location. I'm excited about it. Harrison Ave. is doing well with lots of places to eat, get coffee, etc. This should be great.
BTG

Re: Spicer in Lakeview

Post by BTG »

That is good news.
I love that area and can't wait to go try it when she opens up. I actually had heard there might be something like this going to happen, so I drove down Harrison and took a pass by on Saturday morning. Didn't notice anything, but I did enjoy a brief visit to the coffee shop that was pretty busy.

What was your take on why Lago didn't make it? My wife and I enjoyed visiting the bar area and liked our one Friday lunch in the place.
LiveOak

Post by LiveOak »

I think Lago did good business, so I'm not sure if the restaurant failed or the owners just decided to call it quits. They had a tremendous Sunday brunch deal.

The idea of getting a wood fired pizza there is awesome. I might just forget Reginelli's.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Bacchi which was one of the many restaurants in the Lago location was my favorite, it was very good (as was Barataria). They (Bacchi) had one of those wood burning ovens and great non traditional pizza (I don't even like standard pizza usually).

(The progress on Harrison Ave is great, but they really need to do something with the old Landry's restaurant location (r.i.p.) and the building next to it. They have been empty for almost five years and on such a busy street).
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
BTG

Post by BTG »

Suzy Wong wrote: (The progress on Harrison Ave is great, but they really need to do something with the old Landry's restaurant location (r.i.p.) and the building next to it. They have been empty for almost five years and on such a busy street).
I noticed that a new grocery store is planning to open in the old grocery location. This may just be the traffic draw that someone was waiting on to do something with the old Landry's spot.
I would have to think that building would need to be torn down.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

LiveOak wrote:http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf/20 ... pen_a.html

Susan Spicer is opening a restaurant in Lakeview in the former Lago location. I'm excited about it. Harrison Ave. is doing well with lots of places to eat, get coffee, etc. This should be great.
talked to her at M Bistro's opening, her place is to be called Mondo, for th cuisine of the world.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Tom Fitzmorris wrote the 411 on it last week in his ad free newsletter
http://www.nomenu.com/ even an "interetsing" kids menu

BTG,
That grocery has been "supposedly" opening, hope it happens soon....
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein