Dick & Jenny's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
uptowner

Dick & Jenny's

Post by uptowner »

We have been patrons of Dick & Jennys since its conception in 2000. Obviously we love it, we have been dining there religiously for nine years. We were a bit apprehensive when D&J left after the storm, but the food only got better.The past few years we have barely eaten anywhere else,The changing of the menus gives you a great variety,and you can't beat the price.
We ate there a couple of months ago, and the food was horrible!!! We had to send a steak back to the kitchen TWICE!!! We had this black rice that tasted like it was not cooked,they call it paradise rice I believe(not really).We noticed the chef wasn't in the kitchen.When we asked the owners where he was, we were told he took the night off. A few days later we found out that he had been fired in January!!!SHADY!!SHADY!! What is going on over there??We will be steering all of our Jazzfest elsewhere,we just cant take the chance. Has anyone else noticed a difference?
DivaKitty

Re: Dick & Jenny's

Post by DivaKitty »

I would give them another try. We went with a group for a birthday dinner about a week ago and everything was great. I had seared scallops and shrimp over cauliflower puree topped with a citrus salad. Simple and delicious. Everyone else seemed to like their meals and appetizers as well. The service was great too.
buzd

Post by buzd »

uptowner wrote: We ate there a couple of months ago, and the food was horrible!!!
It took you a couple of months (which would have been January-ish) to come here a make THIS your first post?

SHADY!!! SHADY!!!
hungryone

Post by hungryone »

Not to mention that the changes in the kitchen were widely reported in local media, so it wasn't exactly a "secret" that Leeming's no longer in the house.
uptowner

Post by uptowner »

buzd wrote:It took you a couple of months (which would have been January-ish) to come here a make THIS your first post?

SHADY!!! SHADY!!!
A couple of months ago would have been February-ish! I believe this month is April? I travel a lot with my work, and this blogging thing is all brand new to me. As you can see this is my first time on here ever. Did I hit a nerve?
Admin

Post by Admin »

A blog (web log) is a series of web articles one publishes, usually describing one's experiences, and (at the publisher's discretion) invites or allows comments on them. A web forum is for the discussion of topics for which the registered members hold a common interest. Registering on a forum apparently for the sole purpose of complaining about a bad experience with a business (or, conversely, giving an overly-glowing endorsement), however, is usually considered suspicious as to the writer's motives. As with any social situation where one is a newcomer, taking some time to get acquainted first is typically expected.