Eagle Rare 17 Year Old

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
EatinAintCheatin

Eagle Rare 17 Year Old

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

After a long stressful few days I am treating myself. This is one stellar bourbon. Deep, deep caramel finish and surprisingly smooth. At 90 proof it's just right.

Not your everyday bourbon.

Other more economical favourites of mine are:

Elijah Craig 12yo - $20

Evan Williams Black - This would be my daily bourbon. A fine 7yo bourbon from Heaven Hill at a great value. $11

Buffalo Trace - $20

Rip Van Winkle 10 yo - $40

Any bourbon drinkers out there?
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
BTG

Re: Eagle Rare 17 Year Old

Post by BTG »

Someone got me a bottle of Eagle Rare for my birthday last year and I enjoyed it alot. I have purchased it once since then, but it is indeed too expensive for my budget unless it is a special event.
EatinAintCheatin

BTG wrote:Someone got me a bottle of Eagle Rare for my birthday last year and I enjoyed it alot. I have purchased it once since then, but it is indeed too expensive for my budget unless it is a special event.
The Eagle Rare 10yo, which I forgot to mention, is another great value at slightly less than $30. And I have to ask, does BTG = By The Glass?
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
blueshead

Post by blueshead »

For a lighter smoother bourbon I enjoy Basil Hayden's small batch. Some of my drinking buddies say it is not bold enough. Maybe thats why I enjoy it. For around $30.00 I think it is a good bottle of bourbon.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I have the pleasure of doing a shot of Jeremiah Weed, a terrible 100 proof bourbon liquor, at least once a week at work. Damn traditions. Does that count?
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

For everyday, I thought Evan Williams Black was pretty good. However, I find Ezra Brooks at least twice as good. Love the dark brown color, and the strong, bold flavor. Blows Jack Daniel away by a mile...and +10 proof!

...and I am Tennessee Squire, with plot.

The Ezra I am drinking right now is exqusite...
BTG

Post by BTG »

EatinAintCheatin wrote:The Eagle Rare 10yo, which I forgot to mention, is another great value at slightly less than $30. And I have to ask, does BTG = By The Glass?

Now that you mention it, I think it was the 10yo that I purchased as I remember it being around $30.
BTG is my initials.
DivaKitty

Post by DivaKitty »

Jesse wrote:I have the pleasure of doing a shot of Jeremiah Weed, a terrible 100 proof bourbon liquor, at least once a week at work. Damn traditions. Does that count?
Where do you work?
I bought the Eagle Rare for my fiance and he loved it. I thought he'd never forgive me for using the last of it to make "frou-frou" drinks for our friends one night (I ran out of the Jim Beam!)
EatinAintCheatin

Oyster wrote:For everyday, I thought Evan Williams Black was pretty good. However, I find Ezra Brooks at least twice as good. Love the dark brown color, and the strong, bold flavor. Blows Jack Daniel away by a mile...and +10 proof!

...and I am Tennessee Squire, with plot.

The Ezra I am drinking right now is exqusite...
Hey Oyster,
Truce.... Just got back from Doggy Snacks (Dorignac's) and they had the Old Ezra 101, Rare Old for $10.99. I'm sippin' it right now. Excellent. I'm going back tomorrow to pick another or two.
:toast:
EAC
- Redd Foxx
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

EatinAintCheatin wrote:Hey Oyster,
Truce.... Just got back from Doggy Snacks (Dorignac's) and they had the Old Ezra 101, Rare Old for $10.99. I'm sippin' it right now. Excellent. I'm going back tomorrow to pick another or two.
:toast:
EAC
You da man EAC! I got one next to me right now! Just about to get another! For taste, Ezra is head and shoulders over the overly hyped, overly marketed JD. :toast:

Now, I'm going light the peace pipe. :bow: