CFB Week 3

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

CFB Week 3

Post by bam bam »

Michigan St -16.5 (large)
Auburn -10 (large)
Georgia -7 (-120) (large)
Cent Michigan -3
USC -10
So Miss +1.5
Arkansas +23

Not in love with the board this week.
bam bam

Re: CFB Week 3

Post by bam bam »

A couple of quick write ups.

Florida Atlantic at Michigan St (-16.5). MSU has a tremendous size differential on the lines. (Something I always look at in these early season matchups.) I'd expect somewhat of a close game early with Ringer to run the ball downhill late and give MSU a cover in the 4th quarter. Not too worried about MSU looking ahead to awful Notre Dame as FAU won a bowl game last season. When was the last time the Irish did that?

Auburn (-10) at Mississippi St. I really don't see Miss St scoring in this game. Auburn has been scary good on the road in conference. I think there is some look ahead potential here for Auburn (LSU up next) but they should be able to put a 30 spot on the board against an improved Bulldog defense.

Georgia (-7.5) at South Carolina. UGA was held without a TD by the Gamecocks last season. I really like the revenge angle here as well as the fact that UGA won big at SC when Stafford was a freshman.

Ohio St at USC (-10.5) Early season matchup that most square bettors had circled on their calendar after last season's BCS Title Game. Ohio St's interior line matches well with 'SC but after a lackluster performance last week at home, I think the squares make some cash this week as SC rolls and wins by at least 17.

Arkansas (+24) at Texas. Arkansas has been brutal in the early going but I'll take a flyer here getting an SEC with a huge O line and 24 points. UTEP moved the ball fairly well against UT and I am never sold on Mack Brown (sans Vince Young and Michael Huff). UT 40 Ark 27.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I just loaded up on Auburn, Georgia, and USC. Georgia seems like a strong play judging by how easily Vandy ran through the South Carolina line like it was a joke.
The Saints at -1 are really calling my name.
BTG

Post by BTG »

BTG wrote:I just loaded up on Auburn, Georgia, and USC. Georgia seems like a strong play judging by how easily Vandy ran through the South Carolina line like it was a joke.
The Saints at -1 are really calling my name.
Oh well, that sucked yesterday. Auburn looked like garbage and now I am thinking LSU will beat them next weekend. Final score, LSU 5 Auburn 2.

Luckily by big bet was on USC and the online site gave me some bonus sign up money. I just put everything I had left on Green Bay over Detroit.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I literally have no clue how Auburn will score on LSU's defense. I suspect they may go back to the I formation. If they stay in the spread, I think they may be the first team in college football history to score a negative number of points.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Grins. I realize that no one is interested...but we dont get to say this very often...my Kentucky Wildcats won yesterday:laughup::D:rolleyes:

of course, it was just Middle Tennessee..but hey...we still won:)
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

And our Nevada team - UNR - went right down the toilet against Missouri, 69-17. :covri:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."