Time for some LSU vs Appalachian State Talk...

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
BTG

Time for some LSU vs Appalachian State Talk...

Post by BTG »

The last line I saw was 24. That is too high for me to bet, but I don't think this game is going to be as close as alot of people are thinking. It is great that they beat Michigan last year and all, but they still lost to Wofford and Georgia Southern. Their defense gave up quite a few points to several other I-AA teams also.

At worst LSU might struggle for a half while they get the nerves our of the new qb's. The heat is going to kill App. St. also.
Final score LSU 35 App St. 14. Not an impressive win, but it will be good enough.
bam bam

Re: Time for some LSU vs Appalachian State Talk...

Post by bam bam »

No way LSU puts up 35 points. LSU wins easily but they do it with defense. 24-7.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

LSU easily puts up 35 points. 45-7 says the Turbodog.

BTW, I will not be attending the 4pm game. My seats (1st row, Tiger Terrace east side upper deck 25 yard line) are some of the best in the stadium at night. They suck in the afternoon. I am not going to sit in the heat, staring tat the setting sun all afternoon. Maybe I am just getting too old, but I'm not into it.

I guess hi def, easy chairs and cold drinks have somehting to do with that. Oh, and being able to change the chanell after the game and get Clemson-Bama.

And, after 40+ years of attending Tiger games, I don't feel the need to prove my fanhood to anyone.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Grins..just trying to stir things up. As a University of Kentucky alumni...I thought I'd remind you that Kentucky was much lower ranked and figured to be on the losing end last season. But, we all know what happened.

Ok, last time I'll bring it up.. I just had to. Living in this area...I believe I'm the only Kentucky fan...we have to get our digs in when we can.:rolleyes:
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

I have to agree with TD on this one.

OK, so no one QB has risen to the top. Last time I looked, it didn't take much talent to hand the ball off or throw a swing pass.

Also, ASU is no longer flying under the radar. Can you imagine what the LSU coaches have been filling their player's heads with this week?

LSU's D will bring it and bring it hard. The O will put enough points on the board to audition 3 QBs if they like.
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

Game time moved to 10am...traffic should be interesting....
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

LSU looked really strong. I loved the way Crowton called the game with the inexperienced QB. The key to winning football is line play. LSU is very strong on both sides of the ball there. You guys are being overlooked right now and I think any team that takes you lightly will do so at their own peril.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Math time.

41 - 13 = 28

I guess the original line of 24 was about right?
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Not really. You'll do real well in sports betting finding 4 point edges. I was too concerned about the qb situation to give the game a second look.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Just really getting back online yesterday so I finally get to post a follow up to my thread. Yawn is all I can say. LSU did what they were expected to do, but I still don't know anything more about the team than I did two weeks ago. The main positive was that the defense shut that quick little SOB at QB down. I would love to have that guy taking snaps at LSU.

Not impressed at all with Lee at QB, so I hope Hatch does the job for the next month or so while Lee matures.

As for the rest of the SEC, I am not at all worried about LSU beating South Carolina now. After week two, Auburn, Bama, and Florida don't really scare me as much as they did a week ago.

I haven't bet any college football yet, but the bets I was thinking in week one would have been bombs for the most part, especially Clemson and Miss. St. I did win a nice bet on the Saints this weekend.