Crash Hot Potatoes

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
NoNoNanette

Re: Crash Hot Potatoes

Post by NoNoNanette »

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE STARTED, JAG!

I'm laughing at this.... I sent an email with your Pioneer link to probably 20 people..... most of them already wrote back to say that they were making them this weekend!

Wish you could earn a commission from the US Potato Board or some-such entity! :)
BobRSnow

Post by BobRSnow »

JAG, Lisa made these friday night just based on me telling her how they were supposed to be made. They came out really well!! Had them with grilled chicken. Really cool.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

JAG!

OMG! :eek:

These were absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD. Used plenty of olive oil, kosher salt, cracked pepper, parmesan cheese, Hormel bacon bits and big slices of garlic.

Oh, jeez. The husband was in heaven. Put a blob of sour cream on each one before eating.

WOW.

Best ever, kiddo. You done good. ;)
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

OMG is all I have to say! Something this simple...how could we not have come up with this one before now?? I did mine with olive oil, lots of kosher salt and black pepper, garlic and fresh rosemary...put a big ole dollop of sour cream on mine..Doug liked his better without the sour cream. I was seriously considering going the same route as Nanette and putting bacon bits on them....but was already having pork chops and figured that our arteries would just curl up and die if I added anymore.

Great recipe...I've been sitting here trying to think of other things to serve with them...I'm thinking steaks next time!

Thanks again!
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Let me tell you about our "steaks".

For the first time, I bought a "SHOULDER TENDERLOIN". Coated in peppercorns. Paid about 12 bucks at Winn Dixie. (Dunno, maybe a pound and a half??)

Turned out to be 4 seperate little steaks. Cut them to make a total of 6 petite steaks.

WOWIE ZOWIE!

They were delightful.

I wouldn't/won't hesitate to serve them to guests. :)
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

I do these on the grill. put the potatoes on foil drizzled with olive oil. they roast up nice and you won't have to heat the kitchen.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
DivaKitty

Post by DivaKitty »

Gonna try them this week. Simple is good with taters. That Pioneer Woman site looks cool too.
Thanks JAG!
D' Kitty