Crash Hot Potatoes

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
justagirl

Crash Hot Potatoes

Post by justagirl »

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008 ... -potatoes/

I made these tonight. OMG they are wonderful. A friend of mine brought over some thin skinned red potatoes from his parent's garden. Fresh and beautiful. I boiled them in salted water then made 5 of these. 3 with garlic, the garlic toasted up like candy. 1 with Rosemarry and one with taragon and garlic. They were all wonderful. The outside gets all crispy and wonderful and the inside is still all soft and great. These are so good. I can't imagine anyone not loving them. Get your oven hot, pull out some fresh garlic and herbs and go for it. The skin pieces that kinda fell off the potatoe crisped up like chips. Everything about these was awesome.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Schuarta

Re: Crash Hot Potatoes

Post by Schuarta »

She certainly photographed the preparation well. :cool:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

Looks good to me. Will try to make some next week. Yes I agree, what beautiful photos
Yvette
sueinwis

Post by sueinwis »

Those potatoes look like a little piece of heaven. I'm trying them this weekend.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

I can't stop thinking of Little House on the Prairie now.....:laughup:

Those do look very good and easy!!!! Nice pictures....

I have NEVER put a potato down, or any vegetable on a baking sheet w/o lining it with aluminum foil, she didn't do that. Am I the only one who does that?

RANCH DRESSING:shootself:
NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That salad needed to be on a seperate plate, and blue cheese dressing;)

Thanks for the site jag, I'll look it over. I had never heard of it until now.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Suzy Wong wrote:
I have NEVER put a potato down, or any vegetable on a baking sheet w/o lining it with aluminum foil, she didn't do that. Am I the only one who does that?
Nope. We do that all the time. And meats too, when cooked on a sheet pan. Just for easy clean-up.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Oyster wrote:Nope. We do that all the time. And meats too, when cooked on a sheet pan. Just for easy clean-up.

ok Thanks! I also do this for fish, cookies, etc.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
buzd

Post by buzd »

Suzy Wong wrote:
I put foil on the baking pans for EVERYTHING. It's amazing how stained they get anyway (mostly from pouring marinade onto fish, etc).
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

buzd wrote:I put foil on the baking pans for EVERYTHING. It's amazing how stained they get anyway (mostly from pouring marinade onto fish, etc).
That's what I meant, I always use an aluminum (tin...HAHA) foil liner....
sore_bluto

Post by sore_bluto »

I made some of these with dinner tonight. The red potato skins get very crispy. I just used salt and pepper to season them and they were very good, but I might try some fresh thyme out of the herb garden next time. One problem was the potatoes I used were a little too big and broke up slightly. That didn't affect the taste!