Can I list one more thing that pissed me off about the changeover?

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
bam bam

Can I list one more thing that pissed me off about the changeover?

Post by bam bam »

They went and f-ing deleted all the old posts. I mean there was a lot of good stuff on there. Not just my feud with Fatzmorris, (which was in fact the highlight of 2006) but everything that happened after the storm. Reading the last few posts before Katrina was like a window into a life that I knew existed but had lost. I frequently went back when I was board and read a lot of that stuff.

Additionally, there was a huge database on every restaurant in the New Orleans area. I doubt of the 936 (or is it 938?) restaurants to open since the storm, there are only a handful of them that escaped our attention. All of that is gone. And it was all raw and unfiltered which is much better than buying a Frommer's guide or listening to Fatzmorris or even Lorin (whom I like btw.) If you searched Arnaud's, you could have gotten twenty different opinions on the place.

What a bunch of idiots. I can't wait until the poster left is Jeff Crouere. Oh, that's right he doesn't post in his own friggin' forum.
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

bam bam wrote: I frequently went back when I was board
As in "stiff as a"? Gotcha! ;)

Agree on the loss of the posts, especially the archives - and after Low n Slow had to figure out how to archive all the previous incarnations for them! I had saved lots of Amerone's wine recs in a PM to myself - gone. Recipes that I should have copied somewhere but didn't - gone. All the crazy handles/people that posted before Katrina. All gone.

Besides Bam Bam's bitch slap fight with Fatz, what was your other favorite thread?

Mine was the Speedo - Pizza Man bitch slap and the thread where Rhonda said she was going to get her dad to beat up somebody who had offended her on the board. I went back and read those two on occasion when sort of like Bam, I was bored. Or board. LOL
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
Admin

Post by Admin »

There was absolutely no reason they could not have left both old boards online, but read-only. There was a ton of good info made unavailable in the blink of an eye.
JudiB

Re: Can I list one more thing that pissed me off about the changeover?

Post by JudiB »

cafe'... I had forgotten about that 'my dad is bigger'n your dad and he'll beat you up' foolishness! What a HOOT.

I mourn the loss of recipes.... and those databases are still somewhere... they just aren't linked to us. :( Do you suppose they are still working on the new forum? That in the future....?? As I recall, it took awhile the last time the place was "reborn" to get linked to the old stuff.
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Judi, it did seem to take a while last time. But I dont see the admins caring any more. When they launched the new board, they were all excited and trying to answer questions and fix things. Since then they have been invisible. Now, I don't know why, but I'm left to presume they aren't interested and therefore, neither am I now.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

JudiB wrote: As I recall, it took awhile the last time the place was "reborn" to get linked to the old stuff.
I'm telling you - the admins never could figure out how to put up the archives. I'm pretty sure it was Low N Slow who finally told them how to do it. I remember the admin named Leigh posting that we had LNS to thank or we wouldn't have had them.

I think the admins have got so many problems with this latest abomination that they don't have time to answer. I think their bosses have them on other tasks and that the forums are waaaaaay down on the owners' list of priorities.
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

I even got to wondering if the mods got fired.

And wondering if one of the mods is the admin here. I'm the curious type, and it drives me crazy that I'm here and don't "know" who the host is. lol
JudiB
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

JudiB wrote: And wondering if one of the mods is the admin here. I'm the curious type, and it drives me crazy that I'm here and don't "know" who the host is. lol
I had the same thoughts myself since any communications from them seem to have completely ceased! And I, too, am curious as to our hosts, but was brought up understanding that "you don't look a gift horse in the mouth"!
:D
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
Admin

Post by Admin »

No one connected with the establishment of this site holds, nor has ever held, administrative powers or moderation privileges at TOB.
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

SMOOCH!

(had to lengthen to ten characters... apparantly SMOOCH! isn't long enough)

:):):)

And ya' can only do four smilies btw.

Sigh... you'd think at this stage of my life I'd automatically be following the rules. But nooooooooo... not Judib! I just have to keep on testing testing testing.

It's exhausting being me. ;)
JudiB