Heath Ledger overdose...the plot thickens!

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
justagirl

Re: Heath Ledger overdose...the plot thickens!

Post by justagirl »

Nanette, I didn't mean to sound 'curt', I know it's annoying these celebs think they can change the rules to fit their needs. But it's dangerous and we see over and over again how dangerous it is.

Also makes me wonder why they think we care who they vote for and support. The day I start taking voting advice from Alec Baldwin...just shoot me while you move him to Canada.

Sorry, I just re-read that when I say your :confused:s and realized I sounded curt. That was not my intentnion.

I don't read People, I don't watch TMZ and frankly I don't really care because their lives are not my 'real' life...and I like my life way better than reading about theirs.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Good to hear that, JAG. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

What has she done in order to need immunity???
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Alex wrote:What has she done in order to need immunity???
That's what the feds are wondering.

She came out today denying anything to do with his death.

BTW: Keep the facts coming. Feng is obsessing about this thread as we speak.:laughup:
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

More for FENG:
Attorney Joseph Tacopina — who does not represent Olsen — told The Post, "If the feds won't give her immunity, then they suspect she had some involvement."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,397963,00.html
Alex

Post by Alex »

NoNoNanette wrote:That's what the feds are wondering.

She came out today denying anything to do with his death.

BTW: Keep the facts coming. Feng is obsessing about this thread as we speak.:laughup:
LOL - Feng: always good for entertainment.
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

That is the truth!
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Sounds like they're going to play hard-ball. Good for 'em!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b22438_ ... te_in.html

Guess Mary-Kate Olsen hasn't given officials all the "relevant information" they needed in the Heath Ledger case after all.

Days after a formal statement from the twin's rep proclaiming her innocence and insisting Olsen has fully cooperated with the Drug Enforcement Administration's investigation into how Ledger obtained medications sans prescription, E! News has confirmed that a subpoena with the star's name on it is ready and waiting to be delivered.

"It was dated and signed on April 23, but it has not been enforced yet," says a federal law-enforcement source, denying reports circulating earlier today that Olsen had already been served.

"We are still in negotiations. There are still negotiations with Mary-Kate's lawyer and also with our U.S. Attorney's Office, the prosecutors."

Should negotiations with Team Olsen fall through, the subpoena will be issued requiring the former Full Houser to be queried in front of a grand jury. Should she cooperate, as her attorney says she has been, there will be no need for the strong-arm tactics.

DEA officials are trying to determine where and how the late Ledger obtained prescriptions for OxyContin and Vicodin. The onetime Oscar nominee died of an accidental overdose on Jan. 22.

Olsen was the first person called by the masseuse who discovered Ledger's body, leading her to dispatch her security team to the Manhattan apartment.

Earlier this week, sources confirmed that Olsen was refusing to cooperate with the federal probe unless she was granted immunity in the case—something the feds say is not on the table.

But the news prompted a statement from Olsen's attorney.

"Despite tabloid speculation, Mary-Kate Olsen has nothing whatsoever to do with the drugs found in Heath Ledger's home or his body, and does not know where he obtained them," Michael C. Miller said Monday.

While Miller did not address the reports that Olsen was seeking immunity from the feds, he did call descriptions of the investigation "incomplete and inaccurate."
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Today's paper has the Feds dropping the investigation.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Gawd, how I'd love to know WHY she was asking for immunity.

If it would have been any of us, they would have pulled us in for questioning so fast that our heads would spin. Luckily for Mary Kate, she's a "celebrity". :rolleyes: