Bacon Cups

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
buzd

Re: Bacon Cups

Post by buzd »

Bacon makes everything better!!!
bdavid

Post by bdavid »

Who is this person? I vote for her for Queen!
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I think I'd jam fried oysters in there with some shredded letuce and chopped tomato. Kind of a spin on Jay Nix's B.L.O.T. at Parkway Bakery.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

kcdixiecat wrote:Oh..that does sound yummy...but I'd probably just cut a big ole fresh tomato into chunks...top it off with mayo..and eat it..eat it ALL. Ok, I need a support group.
Some avocado in there would be nice too!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

Tonight for supper I had a big ol' creole tomato sandwich with bacon and Blue plate. I ate with a paper towel at the computer, too!!!

LOL it was heaven. :D
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
LiveOak

Post by LiveOak »

Remember those potato skins from Ground Pati? I'm sure you can still get them. I've eaten too many of those in my time, but they are basically scooped out potato full of bacon and cheese. Well, these bacon cups could be the reverse of that. Fill them with smashed potatoes and cheese with some green onions on top. Broil them for a couple of seconds to brown the cheese and crisp everything a bit more. It's got to be horrible for you.
jshushan

Post by jshushan »

Jeeves wrote:I think I'd jam fried oysters in there with some shredded letuce and chopped tomato. Kind of a spin on Jay Nix's B.L.O.T. at Parkway Bakery.

"B.L.O.T." Bacon, Lettuce, Oyster and Tomato? Just curious as I don't see that sammich on their menu.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
buzd

Post by buzd »

LiveOak wrote:Remember those potato skins from Ground Pati? I'm sure you can still get them. I've eaten too many of those in my time, but they are basically scooped out potato full of bacon and cheese. Well, these bacon cups could be the reverse of that. Fill them with smashed potatoes and cheese with some green onions on top. Broil them for a couple of seconds to brown the cheese and crisp everything a bit more. It's got to be horrible for you.
That sounds awesome!!
JRO

Post by JRO »

nice big loaf of bread, mayo, set the basket with the lettuce & tomato on it. Take the top of the bread smash it on top & enjoy a great BLT
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

jshushan wrote:Bacon, Lettuce, Oyster and Tomato? Just curious as I don't see that sammich on their menu.

Jonathan
Correct, Jon! I don't know if it's on the menu or not, Diane turned me on to it a while ago. Been ordering it ever since.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com