What is your 'go to' food?

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Hey jag, just curious but how much is this "individual serving" bag? The ones I buy are probably made for more than one serving but I can eat a whole bag. I pay $1.99 at Berrytown in Ponchatoula.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
justagirl

Re: What is your 'go to' food?

Post by justagirl »

I dunno...like a cup and a half. I buy a big box at Sam's.

OK, I don't have a quarter, but let my pint glass and my cell phone be your guide....these you just pierce the cover and nuke for a couple minutes. They are frozen. The whole thing is a bit too much for a serving for me alone.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... 000316.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... 000317.jpg

You can go ahead and ignore my dirty glass table and floors, I'm sitting in the dark, til the camera flashed...it looked clean enough to me. LOL This is the dog's living room after all.

Oh, and I like to have green onions on hand...I love cebolitas. That's what I had tonight actually.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Oh lawd that is a single serving. My bag is about four of those at least and I ate almost all of it for dinner tonight. I was planning on having leftover Chinese but somebody got to it first.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
Maxine

Post by Maxine »

I used to roast a chicken almost every Sunday to eat during the week. But I just can't be bothered anymore.

My go to food when I don't feel like cooking is pasta. I always have fresh pasta and I just cook it for about four minutes and toss it with whatever I want.....easiest dinner ever.

Sorry I haven't been around. Life is a bit crazy right now.

Missed y'all.
PNG

Post by PNG »

Fried shrimp. They only take a few minutes to prepare. A shrimp poboy only takes a minute more to prepare.
jshushan

Post by jshushan »

For me it's pasta and red sauce. I always have some at home. I also always have some form of tomato product with which to make sauce. It doesn't take more than 30 minutes to make a decent sauce. Add whatever else you want with the pasta and sauce and it's dinner. Easy.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

Roasted peanuts and applesauce - I could live off the stuff if I had to.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

I've always got between 7 and 10 kinds of cheese in the fridge and 4 kinds of mustard that I mix up to make a honey mustard spread - cheese, crackers, thinly sliced red onions, tomato slices - and it's a quick, light meal.

Soba noodles can always be found in my pantry, and I'll melt a bit of butter and brown sugar - stir in some garlic, oyster sauce, soy, fish sauce, and chili flakes. Top with chopped green onions. Very quick pasta - a tad sweet, a bit salty, and a touch of heat (spicy heat).

Fresh fruit of whatever kind the farmer's market has that week.

Edamame. Though I've never seen the individual serving boxes. I usually buy a large bag at the Asian Market on Williams.

Oh - and eggs. There are always eggs in the house and when I can think of nothing else and want a very quick, easy meal - we have eggs for dinner. My kids are kind of getting tired of that. oops.
buzd

Post by buzd »

Cheese.

Usually sharp cheddar melted on Triscuits with jalapeno peppers and a glass of skim milk in a frozen pint glass.

But any cheese will do.

I've taken to doing the "beer-can" chicken on Sundays. If I had realized how easy and good it comes out, I would have been doing it long ago. Chicken salad, soups, sandwiches, etc. Everything made with it comes out killer!
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Not sure if you mean already cooked, or on hand to prepare?
Mostly for my son but myself also,

soy burgers, soy corndogs, hashbrown patties, fish sticks, organic eggs from free roaming no hormone chickens, whole grain bread, goldfish crackers, raisins, cereal, cheese, peanut butter, tuna fish to name some....
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein