Leisurely lunch at Boucherie

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
bam bam

Leisurely lunch at Boucherie

Post by bam bam »

No court today for the first time in a month. So I took a long lunch featuring a bottle of Swanson Merlot at Boucherie. It was a pretty interesting meal as I am not sure that I am in love with the restaurant but I definitely don't dislike it in the same way I dislike our 44th President.

I was brought an amuse bouche of roasted beets with an arugula pea stew. It wasn't a wow, but if I hadn't eaten it, I could have lived. My biggest complaint previous is that too many of the dishes sound the same. They seemed to have eliminated some of that as the menu seems a tad more diverse. I started with a simple salad of heirloom tomatoes and baby lettuces. It was exactly as described lightly drizzled with lemon olive oil. A tad boring for a restaurant that isn't all that boring.

I followed that up with mussels in a bed of mustard greens with parmesan crisps. The parmesan crisps had zero flavor and lacked that sort of airy lightness that such a product usually comes with. Hence I bit the bullet and ordered some of their garlic parmesan fries as an accoutrement. They were absolutely amazing.

Mustard greens were vinegary but had no real oomph to them. The mussels were good and the broth was ok. It was very different interpretation to mussels but not a bad one.

Overall, I love the fries here and am lukewarm on just about everything else on the menu. The atmosphere and service are outstanding.
Yvette

Re: Leisurely lunch at Boucherie

Post by Yvette »

...but you gotta love that Swanson Merlot. Great wine.:toast:
Yvette