The restaurant List.

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
justagirl

The restaurant List.

Post by justagirl »

I have a massive work project that finishes up on June 9th. I plan on Bam taking me out to a nice dinner that night with lots of wine. I'm trying to decide where to go. On our list are many great places...but help me decide...or suggest another:

The short list:
Bistro Daisy
La Foret
Meson 923
Chateau du Lac (though I won't want to drive to back to Metairie)
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
nolagirl

Re: The restaurant List.

Post by nolagirl »

I vote for Le Foret. I've heard so much good stuff from so many reputable sources it's almost unbelievable!
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Probably not that night, but some night please try La Famiglia on Oaklawn just off Veterans in Metairie. The space is beautiful and the food is wonderful. T. J. Qutob prepares braciole and osso bucco to perfection. Even the corpulent one likes it http://www.nomenu.com/diary/DD100909.html
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

I've enjoyed Le Foret's tasting menu. Valet parking as well. I was not impressed with Bistro Daisy. The changing menu is small and the options were not anything I would have normanlly chosen (albeit well prepared). I've not been to the other two.
paz5559

Post by paz5559 »

I have not been to La Foret, however, I have heard great things about the food, and terrible things about the service. Perhaps things have improved.

Bistro Daisy is amazing. The menu is not at all limited. They have 5-7 options for entrees, apps, and deserts.

I had grilled sweetbreads with lemon supremes, fried capers and toasted pinenuts in a browned butter as an appetizer, DC had the "Daisy salad" of fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, arugula,and pumpkin seeds with white balsamic vinaigrette. We both had tomato and mint braised lamb shank over saute of gnocchi, spinach and Nicoise olives with tomato-mint reduction as our main courses, and then split Chevre "cheesecake" and hazelnut crisp Napoleon with port syrup and sun dried cherries, and strawberry baked Alaska with pistachio cake and Champagne crème Anglaise.

It was a fabulous meal.

Recognizing it was two years ago, Yvette, someone who I trust, did not have good things to say about CDL: http://forums.neworleans.com/forum/inde ... ic=10612.0
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose