Favorite Sno-Ball, Favorite Sno-Ball Stand?

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Low-N-Slow

Favorite Sno-Ball, Favorite Sno-Ball Stand?

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Purple Dawn @ Harrison Ave.

"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
ratcheese

Re: Favorite Sno-Ball, Favorite Sno-Ball Stand?

Post by ratcheese »

Plum St Snowballs. I don't mind listing them because their lines are usually too long for me to get one anyway. I don't do lines much anymore. Did one yesterday morning at Surrey's, for my wife's sake and I'm still bitching about it.

Plum St. has a website, I had it for you but I lost it traveling between there and here.

They have very fine ice, great assortment of flavors, they put them in chinese takeout boxes lined with plastic bags, and they are right around the corner so I may get one twice a season.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Ro-Bears ...Sour Apple
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

There's a stand on the corner of Airline Dr. and Roosevelt Blvd. in Kenner. On any given day when he's open (and he's open from now through the Summer) he has 3 or 4 homemade syrups. Right now he's almost certainly got strawberry, and usually has chocolate. It is by far, for me, the best snowball.

Don't know the name, but you can't miss it.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

Hansen's - Choclate Hot-Rod with condensed milk! Drool.......excuse me while I dry off my keyboard.... ;^)
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Dilfan wrote:Hansen's - Choclate Hot-Rod with condensed milk! Drool.......excuse me while I dry off my keyboard.... ;^)
I am drying off my keyboard because of a certain proprietor of the establishment.
sirvelvet

Post by sirvelvet »

Second for Plum Street.
ratcheese wrote:Plum St Snowballs. I don't mind listing them because their lines are usually too long for me to get one anyway. I don't do lines much anymore. Did one yesterday morning at Surrey's, for my wife's sake and I'm still bitching about it.

Plum St. has a website, I had it for you but I lost it traveling between there and here.

They have very fine ice, great assortment of flavors, they put them in chinese takeout boxes lined with plastic bags, and they are right around the corner so I may get one twice a season.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Sal's, Metairie Road and Helois Ave. Very fine, snowy ice and a huge selection of flavors and combinations.

Lakeview Snowballs, atop The Crab Trap Restaurant, Frenier, LA, Peavine Road. About a mile from I-10 on old U. S. 51N. Fine fluffy ice and many flavors of syrup to choose from.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
BTG

Post by BTG »

Sals on Metairie Rd. I love picking my daughter up from school near there and sitting outside on those logs and sharing a sno-ball with her. It is nice for and after dinner treat during the summer with the whole family also.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

Hansen's for sure, although my daughter is partial to Plum St. I like them both. Avoid the place around Gen. Taylor and Mag.!