Bistro Bijou in Sandestin

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
TulaneRebel

Bistro Bijou in Sandestin

Post by TulaneRebel »

Holy F is this place good. Ate there on Friday night. Maybe it was the 6 bottles of Silver Oak cab, 3 bottles of Conundrum chardonnary or the 4 bottles of Sea Smoke pinot noir, but everything was truly top notch. The scallops appetizer vaulted into my top 5 dishes ever.
spudly

Re: Bistro Bijou in Sandestin

Post by spudly »

Are you aware that it is owned and operated by the Pair's (sp?) that had restaurants in Covington 7-8 years ago? I'm forgetting the names but I think it was Cypress Bistro and The City Club and one on the lake shore near Bechac's. All were excellent and well received locally. Actually I wish they would come back so Dakota would get a little competition and shape up.

When they had City Club their chef ran into a little trouble (or so I am told) and they decided to move further east. Their place in Sandestin was one of the first to open in that area and they have outlasted a lot of other places.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Gayle and Mike Pair are wonderful people and good restauranteurs. They had operated Zazou Cafe on the lakefront, prior to Cypress Bistro and City Club.
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

spudly wrote:Are you aware that it is owned and operated by the Pair's (sp?) that had restaurants in Covington 7-8 years ago? I'm forgetting the names but I think it was Cypress Bistro and The City Club and one on the lake shore near Bechac's. All were excellent and well received locally. Actually I wish they would come back so Dakota would get a little competition and shape up.

When they had City Club their chef ran into a little trouble (or so I am told) and they decided to move further east. Their place in Sandestin was one of the first to open in that area and they have outlasted a lot of other places.
city club is missed. that space has been a black hole. the deal with the city club chef, i recall, had to do with an encounter with an underage busboy. i tink it was all swept under the rug to avoid outing the kid.