Crawfish!

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Oyster

Crawfish!

Post by Oyster »

The berled crab thread reminded me of this...

Rouse had an ad in the TP this am for LA crawfish tails, one lb packs, for $7.99. Great price for LA crawfish, and probably the last of the season. Four days only.

Get'cha some!
buzd

Re: Crawfish!

Post by buzd »

Langenstein's has them for 9.99 consistently as well.
Hadacol

Post by Hadacol »

The thing about Rouse's, in almost every case dealing with seafood and a whole lot of cases involving meat, is that they contract and buy right from the dock or the packing house-there aren't any middlemen at all in the process (that's very unusual these days for any chain-just too much work and trouble) and they are, at least using fresh shrimp as an example, pretty good at it.

If they have tails for 7.99 (and it's really a pound and not some odd weight) you can pretty much bet that they will be from LA and good to eat.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Here is link to the ad:

http://www.rouses.com/section_16_75.asp

Gonna get me some!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

Thank you Oyster!

That's a great price, and I love that I can buy a buncha lbs and they FIT in my freezer. lol

(I didn't replace my large freezer after the thang... it's just me and my husband now, and if I had it... I'd simply fill it UP... and the thought of ... well you know....)
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Hadacol wrote:The thing about Rouse's, in almost every case dealing with seafood and a whole lot of cases involving meat, is that they contract and buy right from the dock or the packing house-there aren't any middlemen at all in the process (that's very unusual these days for any chain-just too much work and trouble) and they are, at least using fresh shrimp as an example, pretty good at it.

If they have tails for 7.99 (and it's really a pound and not some odd weight) you can pretty much bet that they will be from LA and good to eat.
Their shrimp have been good but watch the fresh boiled crabs.
I finally got my money back yesterday for the kites I bought on FAthers day.
...for newcomers here, a kite is a crab so empty it could fly like a kite on a string.
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net