NFL Picks

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

NFL Picks

Post by bam bam »

Not a great board this week.
Colts -3
Carolina -4
Denver +3.5
Small play on the Rams +10.5
Turbodog

Re: NFL Picks

Post by Turbodog »

I do not believe Denver wll beat New England. just can't see it. Denver is the worst 4-0 nfl team i can remember.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I am on Atlanta as well.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

A few thoughts:

1) The parity that was prevalent in the NFL in the late 90s, early Aughts is completely gone. Oakland, St. Louis, Tampa, Detroit, KC, Cleveland and Buffalo are just beyond horrible. Oakland may be a 20 point dog by kickoff when Philly comes to town next week. Of the bad teams, I think Detroit has turned a corner and may be a team that is playable by the end of the year. St. Louis gave the ball away three times inside the red zone today and also had Jared Allen return a fumble 31 yards for a TD. They won't win 5 games but at some point, they have to be competitive.

The Buffalo-Cleveland game was the single worst football game ever played. Cleveland won by a FG after the Bills fumbled a punt inside their own 15 yard line. Both these teams royally suck.

2) I don't think the Giants are the best team. Their schedule has been really soft but that changes next week.

3) Does Peyton even need a team at this point? Just put 21 guys off the street in white jerseys and he'll still hang a 40 spot.

4) From the Saints perspective, the team that scares me the most is Atlanta.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Turbodog wrote:I do not believe Denver wll beat New England. just can't see it. Denver is the worst 4-0 nfl team i can remember.
Comments please? :covri:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

If I may insert a girly comment about Denver...those were the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen. I had to stop watching because the stripes were so distracting and it was just simply assaulting to my vision.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Denver's uniforms were as ugly as New England's play. No sense of urgency. They took a 10 pt. lead and thouoght they had the game won. You have to play 60 minutes.
JRO

Post by JRO »

justagirl wrote:If I may insert a girly comment about Denver...those were the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen. I had to stop watching because the stripes were so distracting and it was just simply assaulting to my vision.
with ya on the ugly uniforms JAG
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!

The banner at the very top of the front page in todays T-P says:

"Vegas oddsmakers favor SAINTS in all 12 remaining games"

If we have to lose a few, I just hope one isn't the Giants!
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

those are not real bettable lines. that is some forula from a tout rag called the gold sheet. most of those lines are off materially from where they would open in the real world.