MiLa

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
bam bam

MiLa

Post by bam bam »

Real quick, will post more. I had another phenomenal meal there last night. Stuck with the tried and true BBQ Lobster and Scallop Salad, then DC moved to the duck. I had the skate special. I was out ordered. Skate was good but it was the worst thing I have had there. The duck was sensational. DC doesn't like beets, ate every last beet on her plate.

We then went to Harrah's, where I put on a display at 1-2 No Limit, losing about $1000. Have mentioned how much I hate 1-2?

If you haven't been to MiLa, you need to go. Now. The board will still be here when you get back.
peychaud

Re: MiLa

Post by peychaud »

As much as it pains me to agree with Bam Bam, he is spot on with his effusive praise of MiLa. We ate there for the first time on Saturday night and it was outstanding from start to finish. We began with the reconstructed oysters Rockefeller, crab tian and a green salad, had the red snapper and pompano entrees, and finished with the Abita root beer float. Every one was a winner. The style of the Rushings kind of reminds me of Gerard Maras' in that it's elegant and ingredient driven. If you haven't been yet, add it to your list.
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

any clue as to why the longbrach did not work?
MindyMoo

Post by MindyMoo »

#7 throw away to do list. wrote:any clue as to why the longbrach did not work?
Location, IMHO.
peychaud

Post by peychaud »

Our waiter told us there just wasn't the market to support that kind of restaurant on the North Shore. Abita Springs is a bit of a trek, especially if you have to drive back to New Orleans after having eaten a big meal and drunk a couple of bottles of wine...
The Bear

Post by The Bear »

Will be in NO on Sunday Aug the third. Was looking for a lunch venue. I wish they still did brunch but I called and hostess said no not anymore
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

They are in a hotel. I can't believe they don't do brunch.
The Bear

Post by The Bear »

She also said no lunch on Saturday either. Go figure