Can you Tigger homers finally admit that JaMarcus

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

Can you Tigger homers finally admit that JaMarcus

Post by bam bam »

is a total bust?
#7 throw away to do list.

Re: Can you Tigger homers finally admit that JaMarcus

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

obviously he is not what the raider's had hoped for, but total bust? jp losman is a total bust. patrick ramsey is a bust but not a total bust. alex smith is a total bust. until russell is benched or cut i dont consider him a bust just a young qb on a ****e team. give him another season before you write him off for good.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

I was at the Sugarbowl game when LSU beat Oklahoma and JaMarcus played. Everyone raved about how great a game he had.

I shook my head at their blindness. Nearly every pass was inaccurate and he was lucky that the receivers could were able to lay themselves out and catch it. I told my wife this, and frequently remind her (even now as we watch his mediocre play against the Saints) that this style would not work in the NFL.

I am an LSU fan. And a Tulane fan. But I don't think JaMarcus will ever amount to much in the NFL. His passes are not accurate enough. He will be picked more than is acceptable. Yeah, yeah, he's got a strong arm. But that's not enough.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
GuySajerForgottenSoldier

Post by GuySajerForgottenSoldier »

EatinAintCheatin wrote:I was at the Sugarbowl game when LSU beat Oklahoma and JaMarcus played. Everyone raved about how great a game he had.

I shook my head at their blindness. Nearly every pass was inaccurate and he was lucky that the receivers could were able to lay themselves out and catch it. I told my wife this, and frequently remind her (even now as we watch his mediocre play against the Saints) that this style would not work in the NFL.

I am an LSU fan. And a Tulane fan. But I don't think JaMarcus will ever amount to much in the NFL. His passes are not accurate enough. He will be picked more than is acceptable. Yeah, yeah, he's got a strong arm. But that's not enough.
LSU played Oklahoma in the Sugarbowl? This was when they won the NatC, right? This was also when Matt Mauck was the starting qb, right? Jamarcus Russell was a redshirt freshman that season who did not play that entire year. The backup qb was Marcus Randall.
I guess you could be thinking of the game LSU played Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl, but I think you are more of a Tulane fan than LSU. I never knew a college player was no longer embraced by the fans if his pro career isn't great. Pretty sure they still like Danny Weurffel at Florida, and I'll bet you weenie fans still like Shuan King.

As for BamBam's obnoxious post, I have several responses.
Name the last toolame player drafted #1 overall in the NFL, oh wait. Of course that never, ever happened.
In recent memory, toolame has produced three high profile qbs: King, Ramsey and Losman. All of them have been total busts.
Finally, I do not think anyone will ever know what might have been for JRussell. He went to the most disorganized, schizophrenic franchise in the history of the league (even worse than the Mecom Saints). Russell did not look bad to me today considering he was flat on his back much of the game and had 4-5 passes dropped.
:whip::whip::whip::whip:

P.S.
How THIS topic after a Saints win like this could be BamBam's first post tells you all you need to know about his football knowledge and priorities.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I don't think he is going to work out in the end, but I feel sorry for JaMarcus. That team is total garbage. They might be the Detroit of this year.

The Saints didn't even really try anything tricky on defense today.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

the team sucks but JaMarcus' overall cluelessness is a big reason they suck. Regardless, it is the third week of the preseason and the Raiders look like they have packed it in. I assume they'll have enough pride to beat KC at home but 1-15 is a distinct possibility.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

GuySajerForgottenSoldier wrote: I guess you could be thinking of the game LSU played Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl, but I think you are more of a Tulane fan than LSU. I never knew a college player was no longer embraced by the fans if his pro career isn't great.
Yeah, that's the game I meant.

As for my allegiance, if LSU and Tulane are playing each other then I'm pulling for the team that has the most to win by winning the game....which is normally LSU.

And btw, I never "embraced" JaMarcus....not when he played for LSU and certainly not during his pro career. I would love to see he do well but I'm not going to believe he will just because he's from LSU.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
JRO

Post by JRO »

Jamarcus looks just like Aaron Brooks out there, no leadership skills at all. If you watched enough of the game you saw one in charge for the Raiders. Jeff Garcia will play QB for the Raiders most of the season, that is if they want to win a game. Russell has no tools between his ears, which you need to play QB in the NFL
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Jamarcus would have ben much better prepared to play in the NFL is he had returned for his senior eason at LSU. He needed more snaps at the major college level. He sat out most of what would have been his sr. season. He is on a crappy team with horrible management (I never thought I would say that about the Raiders, my favorite team growing up and in college).

Jamarcus will never be a star in the NFL. But, he could become a servicible qb. He has the best arm I have ever seen (except perhaps Dan Marino).