Lebanon Cafe

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
dragongrrl

Re: Lebanon Cafe

Post by dragongrrl »

Wow! Mona's and Byblos do? I may have to go soon. Thanks Low and Slow. You made my day.

Suzy, do you know if Lebanon does? I'll try them too.
Now this is more like it.
globe9

Post by globe9 »

Lebanon's does have chicken schwarma. I know this because I've gotten it there before. Where is Phoenicia? Is that the place in the same strip mall as Chili's and Houston's on Veterans?

My favorite Med. Eastern places are:

1. Acropolis
2. Mona's
3. Lebanon's

Never been to Byblos. Tried to go to the one on Met. Road one evening, but there was a 20 min. wait and we were starving so just went somewhere else. Also took a look at their menu and didn't see gyros on there, which is what I was craving and the whole reason for choosing a Med. Eastern restaurant that day.
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

globe9 wrote:Lebanon's does have chicken schwarma.
Well, that just goes to show you it's been quite a while since I've been there!
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

globe9 wrote:Where is Phoenicia? Is that the place in the same strip mall as Chili's and Houston's on Veterans?
Yes, it's in the back of the lot across from the Marble Slab and just in front of Sake Cafe
globe9 wrote:Never been to Byblos. Tried to go to the one on Met. Road one evening, but there was a 20 min. wait and we were starving so just went somewhere else.

You can also try Byblos Market on Vets. I like their Gyro plates, but they serve schwarma there as well.
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Yes, Lebanon's has wheat pita.

Lebanon's is my favorite.

The bathenjan is fantastic & well as the musaha (sp?).

I love the fattoush salad & add feta.
The lentil soup is very good as well as the appetizer special which is a combo of appetizers. I sub the tabouleh with bathenjan.

The lamb chops are also very good as well as the tuna steak.

The eggplant sandwich is pretty tasty too. I like to add a bit of bathenjan to it for a kick. Or some lula kabob.

The lula kabob is one of my favorites too!

We've had lots of group dinners here over the years, I think I've tried everything on the menu.
PNG

Post by PNG »

café au lait wrote:The atmosphere at Phoenicia just creeps me out. I always feel like there might be a Middle Eastern mob hit at any moment. And there's hardly any customers when I go. Scary. I'm so uncomfortable there that I only get take out now.

Lebanon's is not my favorite either. Mona's is my number one go-to with Byblos my second.
I believe that we have always been the only table or one of three or four tables when dining at Phoenicia. The service has always been very friendly for us. My Sweetie was turned off by Lebanon after the storm. The place was loaded with flies buzzing around in swarms. There were post storm reasons for this, but it was kinda gross.
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

dragongrrl,
I don't think they do, but I really have no idea:confused:.

png, your husband/wife needs to be fair;)
I was in N.O. days only at first 4 weeks after the hurricane, and there were flies and weird bugs EVERYWHERE I went even uptown that mostly didn;'t flood like the rest of the city. Even coffee places I frequented, that had very little food.

I like that you can see in the kitchen at Lebanon, and anyplace you can see the kitchen for that matter.....
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
PNG

Post by PNG »

I know, but the they left the doors open and the memory of all of those flies buzzing around the food is a little gross. I have eaten many unmentionable things while sitting out in the middle of nowhere in the jungle, but in town I like to have a no fly rule! We would walk over from Freret and the number of flies in the neighborhood was pretty tough. We used many cans of Bengal to keep them away from the house.
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................