Lebanon Cafe

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Suzy Wong

Lebanon Cafe

Post by Suzy Wong »

This has evolved into my favorite M.E. restaurant. The food, atmosphere, service, the food AHAH, it is consistent, and very good. My 10 yr old son can be quirky about what he likes, and he enjoys the food also.

The things I order most frequently are lebna, vegeterian lentil soup, and grilled shrimp/salad, although there are many more great selections.

What I also like about the salads, the dressing
is very light, it's not heavy and weighted down, which allows for the tastes to come through better.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
PNG

Re: Lebanon Cafe

Post by PNG »

We used to walk there from the house to dine on med stuff until we found Phoenicia. We always order the dinner for two thing there. It has always been very good.
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................
willifred

Post by willifred »

Suzy....if you haven't tried the Bethanjan Dip, you are missing out!!!!! Also, I love their policy (or nonpolicy) on wine. Lets face it, that food just begs for wine...One of my favorite things is to take someone there for the first, not expecting much, and blow their mind.
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

PNG wrote:We used to walk there from the house to dine on med stuff until we found Phoenicia. We always order the dinner for two thing there. It has always been very good.
The atmosphere at Phoenicia just creeps me out. I always feel like there might be a Middle Eastern mob hit at any moment. And there's hardly any customers when I go. Scary. I'm so uncomfortable there that I only get take out now.

Lebanon's is not my favorite either. Mona's is my number one go-to with Byblos my second.
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

Dang it I lost my note when I tried to spell check it!!!!!!!!!!!! DANG DANG DANG. :mad::mad::mad:

Suzy where is the Lebanon Cafe?
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

cafe au lait,
I wasn;'t implying it had to be everyone's favorite, it is just mine. That's why I started a topic on it. Made sense at the time:confused:

Judi B,
It's on the corner of Carrollton and Jeanette....

http://www.lebanonscafe.com/

Willifred,
I have had the bathanjan I believe, unless I am confusing it with another, I will try it, I do eat seafood but not other meat, and I feel a place like this (kind of food) has a lot to offer.

haven't been to Phonecia...
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

café au lait wrote:The atmosphere at Phoenicia just creeps me out. I always feel like there might be a Middle Eastern mob hit at any moment. And there's hardly any customers when I go. Scary. I'm so uncomfortable there that I only get take out now.
I really like Phoenicia and think they have one of the best conventional hummus in the city. I don't care for the salad dressing, and the menu is somewhat limited, but I usually get the gyro plate with double hummus, and it suits me fine.
I know what you mean about there never being busy, but I understand that they do a booming lunch business. One thing that I used to find "funny" is that before they expanded, if you wanted a drink, you went to the bar and made it yourself! I'm not sure if they still do it that way, but there was no way you could complain about the quality of the drink.... :)
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
Dark and Stormy

Post by Dark and Stormy »

I have got to agree re Lebanons, they have been consistently good for years. Part of it must be the manager/owner seems to always be there. I always substitute bathengen for hummus on the dinners. And I love the mint tea.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Judi, it's close to where we went for Thai that night before your kids played at Neutral Ground.

I haven't been in years and will have to try it again soon. I've heard the hummus at Phonecia is awesome. What's so different about it that makes it so good? Just curious.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

Thanks Suzy... I thought I had the right place! JAG, expat and ambrosia and I went to dinner at the Thai place next door, well - next door, across the side street, lol. I walked outside to sm... well I walked outside, lol, and noticed the place was hoppin'.

I'm a new convert to gyro, hummus, etc... I can't believe I'd never had it before Katrina. I discovered it in Baton Rouge, a little place off Perkins Road, next to WLAE, where WWL was broadcasting from. I love it now.

cafe', when we came back after the storm, and hardly anything was open yet, Phoenecia's was and we tried it for the first time. Every other place we'd been to had this underlying (lingering) smell. Not this place, it was soooo clean it sparkled. It's funny how we all associate different things in our minds.
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....