Friday dinner

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
dragongrrl

Re: Friday dinner

Post by dragongrrl »

She wasn't from Kentucky. But she landed in Sullivan. One of those tiny "shirt tail towns that are so common in KY. She and my grandfather owned a farm there. Fresh everything. YUM.

My other grandparents lived in Paducah and I loved visiting there too. But they weren't farm folk so they weren't the amazing cooks that my maternal gramma was. She rocked veggies. Mom couldn't get us to eat any, then we'd go to her and eat ONLY them. I'm pretty sure it was the bacon grease. OMG she put it in everything. She had a can of it in the refrigerator and used it for it all. SO GOOD.
Now this is more like it.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

C'mon over. I'll teach you how to cook like your grandma. LOL We live in Jefferson. I just cook the way that I watched my mom and grandma cook too. My paternal grandmother was a terrible cook..but Mom's mom...she could get us to eat anything when we were kids.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

We'll have to set it up. I'm doing low carb probably for a few more months. Gotta lot to make up for, but someday I'll be able to eat corn and bread again. In more limited amounts of course.
Now this is more like it.