My first trip to Radosta's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
justagirl

My first trip to Radosta's

Post by justagirl »

What a cool little place. Jeeves got me away from the mad lab for a nice lunch break today. He took me to Rodasta's for my first time. It's a cute, neighborhood grocery/poboy shop. Looks like a family run type of place. Everyone know everyone there. Very homey.

I got the combo po-boy, it had roast beef, ham and turkey with melted cheese. Dressed of course. It was very good. I was a little suprised to see the ham and turkey cut thick, but it was warm, gooey and wonderful.

Their poboy menu was quite large, they have lots of deli meats, and daily specials to. I'm sure I'm the last person who posts here to ever get there, but if not, go check it out for a good poboy.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
EatinAintCheatin

Re: My first trip to Rodasta's

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

I have not been there. Where is it? Probably too far for me to make it during for lunch. Are they open on weekends?
BTG

Post by BTG »

I finally made the trip there 3 or 4 months ago and I liked it also. The most suprising thing of the place was the beer selection.
buzd

Post by buzd »

EatinAintCheatin wrote:I have not been there. Where is it? Probably too far for me to make it during for lunch. Are they open on weekends?
It's very close to the Sun Ray on Focis. I'm not sure what street - I always get mixed up back there.
praline

Post by praline »

I think it is on Aris? And yes, they are open weekends.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

It's at 249 Aris Street in Ol' Metry (The neighborhood is called Hog Alley by residents). If you know where Nor-Joe's is that's Frisco and Aris, Radosta's is two blocks from there toward the Lake.

JAG had to eat her combo with this staring over her shoulder:

The Famous Radosta Cow! Actually it is the head of an African Cape Buffalo that once graced the den of a nearby neighbor. When he got married, his new bride ordered the thing out of the house and Don Radosta graciously accepted it.

Today I had a Joan Special, lovely shrimp sauteeed in butter and herbs and served on crispy French bread. Sorta like a lite version of a Liuzza BTT BBQ shrimp po-boy.

JAG's next lunch time discovery will be Sammy's Live Oak Deli in Bucktown, another converted Metairie neighborhood grocery store.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

OK, it's officially on my weekend poboy list.
Envie

Post by Envie »

The Joan special will change your life.
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

JAG!!

We almost did it again.... I had a meeting at the condo today, got finished about noon... and ALMOST went. THIS CLOSE. lol... was too tired. It would have been my first time too. expat has told me great things about that place.

Wouldn't that have been funny? I never would have let you live it down. hahahahahaha
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Envie wrote:The Joan special will change your life.
It has changed mine significantly through the years, Envie! My pants size will never be the same!
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com