Muriel's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Yvette

Muriel's

Post by Yvette »

Went to Muriel's last Friday night with a group of friends from out of town. It was wonderful. I wanted them to try the summer crab menu. Alas, only one of the eight of them got it, but said they loved it. I did suggest other appetizer/entree items they should get. The signature goat cheese crepes won raves. Many got fish.

I had the spinach salad with goat cheese and a champagne vinaigrette dressing. It was so incredibly delicious and so refreshing. Entree was the rib eye...hey, I'm a meat eater. It was done to prefection.

Place was packed, but they had no trouble attending to our table of 10 and our 9 bottles of wine we ordered.

(They had a champagne and a white before we sat, in the séance room)

It was a fun night, and very reasonably priced.
Yvette
gumbo lover

Re: Muriel's

Post by gumbo lover »

I've always enjoyed Muriel's. It's a solid restaurant. It may not be "outstanding" or eclectic, but I've enjoyed the meals, service and atmophere there every time I've been. Had a wonderful Sunday brunch experience there earlier this year.
“It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.” Lewis Grizzard
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

I second the enjoyment of Muriel's. Had an "all-oyster" dinner there during my last visit that was supurb. ;)
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Always good for me. One of my favs in the city. I have never been dissapointed there.
Double M

Post by Double M »

Went on Saturday night and had the Summer Crustacean Celebration: Louisiana Blue Crab Menu
http://www.muriels.com/html/special.html
It was fabulous. Loved the salad and the mushrooms were to die for!
Soft shell was fried to perfection, but I was not crazy about the creole Maque choux, but that's just me. My brother-in-law :toast: ate it for me...so since I cleaned my plate, I was allowed dessert. :) Blueberry tart with vanilla gelato topped off the meal. Good value and quite tasty, worth a trip to the FQ.
Double M a/k/a MamaMia
When you have a choice, do the kind thing.