The LOOK Of The Forums

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
Schuarta

The LOOK Of The Forums

Post by Schuarta »

Although I have only been comparing for two hours, the LOOK of NEW ORLEANS EATS, verses that of NEW ORLEANS.COM, is definitely better on the former.

I'm getting old (66), wear glasses for distance and reading, and I find that the type size, color choices, and general layout of this forum is far superior to TOF and more readable for me.

Just my thoughts. Does anyone else find enough of a difference to notice?
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
NoNoNanette

Re: The LOOK Of The Forums

Post by NoNoNanette »

This is my personal preference for boards.... easy on the eyes, easy to be "creative", and easy to use.

This is what I'm used to using on other sites. (I was tickled when I first came here to see "an old friend"! ) :)
Admin

Post by Admin »

Glad its working. Maybe I shouldn't divulge this, who knows who might be listening and copy, but the color scheme is the stock, out-of-the-box template. It's tested to be intuitive for navigation, but easy on the eyes. All we did was change some title bars from the stock, muted purple over to green and gold, and then dialed those two colors down to pleasant pastels.
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

Delete that post immediately.
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds