Lakeview Deli On Harrison Ave.

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
LiveOak

Lakeview Deli On Harrison Ave.

Post by LiveOak »

I live in Lakeview and am so glad to see the return of commerce to Harrison Ave. This includes several restaurants in a very small area.

Lakeview Deli is right next door to Reginelli's. It used to be Lovecchio's Deli. The food here is outstanding. The best hamburger I've had for a long time, better than Lakeview Harbor across the street. I broke tradition the other day and got a roast beef po-boy and it was excellent. Lots of shredded roast beef and toasted in the oven. They also do different specials every day.

It is a really small space, maybe six tables and a few outside, but it is always bustling.
BTG

Re: Lakeview Deli On Harrison Ave.

Post by BTG »

Thanks for mentioning it L.O.
We ate lunch at Lago last week and I have stopped in a few times at the new coffee shop lately. Just trying to make sure I throw a few bills to those helping to re-build that neighborhood.

Do you know if the Steak Knife is moving back into their old location? I noticed some construction work going on in there.
buzd

Post by buzd »

From what I've heard (nothing authoritative), the Steak Knife IS coming back and is fairly close to completion. That's traditionally been our Dining Out For LIfe (tonight) destination, but I guess we will go there next year.
LiveOak

Post by LiveOak »

Yep, they are working every day. I believe they are almost done. There is a nice lineup of places to eat up and down Harrison now.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Many were the sandwiches consumed in the days of our youth, from Lovecchio's, Charlie's Deli (sigh), and Weaver's. And Papa Pizza.