Message from TOB

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
Great Danish

Message from TOB

Post by Great Danish »

just got an email from TOB saying they have switched to vBulletin... I am sure you will all have them as well if you check.
MissLish

Re: Message from TOB

Post by MissLish »

Great Danish wrote:just got an email from TOB saying they have switched to vBulletin... I am sure you will all have them as well if you check.
I got that message. So, what does this switch mean for us? is vBulletin a better system?
Superstar!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Great Danish wrote:just got an email from TOB saying they have switched to vBulletin... I am sure you will all have them as well if you check.

Interesting! I just got the email myself. I think I will just stay here as long as this forum is jumping and the Admin is so on top of things. I think Leigh Landeche is a stand up guy and a hard worker, but I do not like dealing with Kimbalimba, and she will still probably be the primary moderator there. Leigh is to busy doing web development to moderate the forums.

edited to add: When he (Leigh) was working for me I wish I could have cloned him.
Sine qua non
Alex

Post by Alex »

MissLish wrote:I got that message. So, what does this switch mean for us? is vBulletin a better system?
vBulletin is what you are on here at nolaeats.com. Is it a better sytem? Indeed!
Sine qua non
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

after 3 attempts to access with my "new password" they sent me, I'm still locked out...you will have to change your password and start over with any avatars and quotes...sigh.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Admin

Post by Admin »

Yup, and the powerful vBulletin software has even enabled them to import all the old messages and users from FireBoard. Again illustrating what a great package it (vBulletin) is. We knew our actions, going in, would likely provide the well-needed kick in the pants at TOB, so we're not surprised.

We also told ourselves, up front, that we would commit to a year, even if it was totally at our expense, which, at this point, it totally is. We thank everyone for their support so far, hope you'll stick around and we'll still be talking here this time next year.
ae=ig

Post by ae=ig »

I receive an error everytime I go to their site and click on Forums. I have to pull up Task Manager and close that session.....it is the only way I can get rid of the error.
Alex

Post by Alex »

The funny thing is when Landeche was working for himself and had his own site he dipped into his pocket and paid the money for vBulletin as well. When going to work for someone and they want open source, then they get what they pay for. I am sure Leigh would have liked to use vBulletin from the start.
Sine qua non
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

ae=ig wrote:I receive an error everytime I go to their site and click on Forums. I have to pull up Task Manager and close that session.....it is the only way I can get rid of the error.
while I'm sure the Admin here could help you, you might try posting that question there...oh, that's right, no one answers questions there.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
BADgirl!

Post by BADgirl! »

TOB is begging now. I say we don't reset our passwords. We can live without that board.

Just have to spread the word via emails, cell phone text etc.
(_)_)