Lunch on the Job

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
mgbeads

Lunch on the Job

Post by mgbeads »

During work days where does one lunch. Brown Bag? Take out? Fast Food? In house eating? Near by restaurant? Sandwich? Salad? Hot meal? With co-workers? So many choices. :eek:
justagirl

Re: Lunch on the Job

Post by justagirl »

I do many of the above. Today I brought the sandwhich I forgot yesterday. Yesterday I got a sandwhich from the Kosher Deli on Severn by W Esplanade. That was a first. Sometimes I go to a local restaurant sometimes just get take out. I'm 10 miles from home but that's too far to go home, plus, I wouldn't come back.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
BTG

Post by BTG »

All of the above.
I try to bring my lunch two days a week and I like to make that a leftover from home that I can heat up. I usually sit at my desk and read the paper while eating.
The sandwhich is the easiest and most affordable thing, but I just don't get excited at all about bringing one to work.

I can't stand going to lunch with my co-workers as a group. They bitch and moan about everything and generally it makes for a bad lunch, so I generally have this one guy I will go with. I am kind of wierd in that I like eating alone for lunch.

My general lunch spots are- Koz's, Comeback Inn, my health club, Cellars or River Ridge, Tequaro Corona and occasional a trip to Canes or Wendys.
jshushan

Post by jshushan »

I go out almost always. Sometimes to Allegro Bistro as it's in my building downtown. I hit various spots including Sushi Brothers, Joey K's, Liuzza's on Bienville ("By the Track" has lost much for me since 08/05.), Parasol's, Horinoya, P & G, Lil Dizzy's, Leonardo's, Ugly Dog, etc. I don't like to do the same thing for lunch more than one day a week. I probably hit 10-12 different spots in two weeks.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I always consult with The Lunch Queen of the Warehouse District, who should be popping in here any minute.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
LiveOak

Post by LiveOak »

I should bring lunch more often than I do, but when I don't I usually hit Spitale's Deli because it's very close to where I work and I can get food and eat in the time that I have. When I do bring lunch it's usually leftovers of what we cooked the night before. I'm not much of a sandwich person for lunch.
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

I hit Kyoto II and Kim Anh at least once a week.
I p/u from "The Sandwich Club" on Edwards every once in a while, too.
I like the salads at Hickory Cafe, too.

I'm also on the road alot taking customers to lunch. That takes me to all sorts of places all over the place.
globe9

Post by globe9 »

I drive for my job almost all day and at lunch time I am out in the country most of the time(re: Edgard, Vacherie, Luling) and there isn't much out in these places besides fast food. I'm trying not to eat fast food as much as I used to, so I usually just bring a lean pocket with me, some pringles lite chips, a granola bar, and eat while I'm in the car.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

BTG,

You pretty much described my lunch style exactly, except that I occasionally bring a sandwich. I have my own microwave and dorm fridge in my office so I can stock up for the week on Monday. I try to only go out once per week.

RouxTheDay,

You and BTG appear to be in my neck of the woods. When I do occasionally go to lunch I go to many of the places you mention, either alone or with one other person. The Williams Blvd. corridor, West Metairie, Harahan/River Ridge are my go to spots. I have a collection of lunch menus going back nearly 20 years in my desk drawer. Many of the places "ain't dere no mo." Places like Quickie Taco, Hobnobber (when it was on Williams), Salads Plus, Giovanni's (on airline), etc.

I used to drive home for lunch. I live 3.5 miles from my office and can make it in 10 minutes. But with gas prices and the heat I don't do it very often any more.
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Jeeves wrote:I always consult with The Lunch Queen of the Warehouse District, who should be popping in here any minute.
Lately most of the time I eat in. There's a little store at 400 Poydras I like to visit. Sometimes I get a sandwich, sometimes soup. When I go out I go to Nola Grocery, Ugly Dog, Lucy's, Cochon, Parasol... almost anywhere near the Warehouse District.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com