My stomach hates me

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
BTG

My stomach hates me

Post by BTG »

Do you ever have a weekend when you just say screw it and eat any and everything you feel like?
This weekend was my birthday so I decided to celebrate all weekend.
-Friday evening I had three abita dopple bocks and my own bowl of newcastle dip.
-Saturday for lunch we went to the local mexican joint and I had what I can best describe as a plate of grease and cheese. Of course that went along with a huge margerita and lots of chip and salsa.
- Saturday evening I had a 22oz bottle of Abita Andygator while cooking my steaks and potatos. Of course I loaded the potatos down with cheese and butter. Almost drank a whole bottle of wine.
- Sunday morning I had the place from City Diner. hashbrowns, topped with two fried eggs, topped with shrimp and andouillie, covered with a cajun cream sauce. And for good measure it came with an english muffin
-Sunday night it was cookout time at our friends house. Another bottle of Andygator, lots of regular beer, then some bourbon just to top it off. We had spinich and artichoke dip, charbroiled oysters, big burgers from whole foods. The host tried to get healthy on me by buying turkey bacon to put on the burgers and making me eat a salad concoction.

I am hurting today.
RouxTheDay

Re: My stomach hates me

Post by RouxTheDay »

BTG wrote:Do you ever have a weekend when you just say screw it and eat any and everything you feel like?
This weekend was my birthday so I decided to celebrate all weekend.
-Friday evening I had three abita dopple bocks and my own bowl of newcastle dip.
-Saturday for lunch we went to the local mexican joint and I had what I can best describe as a plate of grease and cheese. Of course that went along with a huge margerita and lots of chip and salsa.
- Saturday evening I had a 22oz bottle of Abita Andygator while cooking my steaks and potatos. Of course I loaded the potatos down with cheese and butter. Almost drank a whole bottle of wine.
- Sunday morning I had the place from City Diner. hashbrowns, topped with two fried eggs, topped with shrimp and andouillie, covered with a cajun cream sauce. And for good measure it came with an english muffin
-Sunday night it was cookout time at our friends house. Another bottle of Andygator, lots of regular beer, then some bourbon just to top it off. We had spinich and artichoke dip, charbroiled oysters, big burgers from whole foods. The host tried to get healthy on me by buying turkey bacon to put on the burgers and making me eat a salad concoction.

I am hurting today.

Happy Birthday!

....and I'll see you at the gym.;)
DivaKitty

Post by DivaKitty »

My birthday week was like that... I recommend drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruits and veggies, keep the fat intake to minimum (olive oil over butter) if you must eat meat, make it lean: fish or chicken... and skip the booze for at least a day or two... Then you can start over!
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

next time...pre-treat!
Happy Belated!
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

If you're going to party with the big dogs on the weekend, you gotta practice during the week!
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Wow B, you should have joined me at the gym today.

I was at City Diner Sunday too...and Saturday, and Monday....I eat there daily.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."