Broussard's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Shannon

Broussard's

Post by Shannon »

I've got reservations for Broussard's next Friday night. Never been. Any recommendations.

(I understand that I'll probably be the youngest diner in the place ;) )
NoNoNanette

Re: Broussard's

Post by NoNoNanette »

You can look forward to WONDERFUL service, Shannon.

I've enjoyed their Reveillon dinners several times.... always with a German flair.

Other times, I've gone in to sip on a nice seclection of Port in their bar, and once went in just for bananas foster, which was great.

Slip across the street to the Bombay Club for a before dinner martini! :)

(Or after dinner for a white chocolate raspberry martini for dessert!)

Between Broussard's Port list and Bombay Clubs' martini menu, I'm like a kid in a candy store. ;)
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

NNN, I hope they got their service and kitchen straightened out.
Last time, they were removing plates before we were finished, and horrors, taking away wine glasses with wine in them. Food was less than impressive as well. I can usually overlook a few things, but overall a terrible time and have not been back. Want to like this place, as I did in the past, but just don't have the time or inclination.

Shannon, hopefully you will have a great dining experience and enjoyable evening, more reflective of what NNN has met there.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Creole Eats

Post by Creole Eats »

We have always enjoyed our dinner at Broussards, hte food and service are excellent. Look forward to a good time.
The Bear

Post by The Bear »

Gunter Preuss is a master, his wife a fine woman and his son takes after him. I have had nothing but good food out of his kitchen,
JonSmith

Post by JonSmith »

I've eaten there but once, and even then it was very begrudgingly, and I had what might be one of the Top 5 meals I've ever had in New Orleans. Why I never think to go back is beyond me, but the one meal I had would rival any of the (half dozen or so) Michelin 2 star meals I've had in France.

I hear - hear, mind you - that in the blink of an eye it can turn into an uncaring, churn-em-out tourist mill, but my experience was much different. Make an effort to introduce yourself to Marc or Evelyn, just to say hello. It might make a difference.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

edible complex wrote:NNN, I hope they got their service and kitchen straightened out.
Last time, they were removing plates before we were finished, and horrors, taking away wine glasses with wine in them...
Yikes!

That's a good way to lose a hand at my table. *grinning*

Let's hope you were there on an off-night....

You know, come to think of it, we did have one negative experience there...

It was a Reveillon dinner.... the food was great, we paid our bill, then sauntered back to the bar for a couple of ports.

Marc practically MARCHED over and told us to pay our bill. We explained to him that we HAD, indeed, paid our bill, and was starting a new tab in the bar.
He insisted that we had not. At that point, I asked him if he was joking.

NO. :eek: Talk about embarrassing!

I called over our head waitress who confirmed to him that we'd paid our bill and tipped well.

He mumbled an apology, and later sent over a drink.

I like to think that he was just having a bad night. It was a weekday, and the joint was nearly empty. Prior to that uncomfortable exchange, he'd been as charming and friendly as can be.

I later told him, "Geez- Do you think we're going to skip out on our dinner check, but first head to your empty bar in plain site of everyone???". It was strange.

Anyway, I really like the place, and didn't write it off.
ToddMa

Post by ToddMa »

I've been once since katrina and mentioned to my wife that the service and food presentation reminded me of banquet food. She pointed to the large party in the next room. Confirmed!
GuySajerForgottenSoldier

Post by GuySajerForgottenSoldier »

I haven't been Alaska, but BurgerKing, Broussard's was wonderful.
Panama Hat

Post by Panama Hat »

Amazingly, with a German in charge, the meat dishes are not too good. But the seafood dishes are one of the best kept secrets in NO. Any fish dish in bold letters or with "Broussard" after it is well worth having. This is where I go for good seafood. Desserts are great also.