And still no Amarone

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
foodieCon

Re: And still no Amarone

Post by foodieCon »

I'm just curious why the admin here feels the need to be so anonymous? He's certainly vocal. What do you have to hide? And of course, it's your deal if you decide to never reveal who you are.

Why are the services in California? Couldn't find a decent host here in New Orleans?

As for Amarone, he's an idiot, who cares if he is here or not. He's lurking anyway.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Where are your manners?:eek:

Why do you feel the need to be so rude?:eek:

How much are you paying for use of this forum?

foodieCon wrote:I'm just curious why the admin here feels the need to be so anonymous? He's certainly vocal. What do you have to hide? And of course, it's your deal if you decide to never reveal who you are.

Why are the services in California? Couldn't find a decent host here in New Orleans?

As for Amarone, he's an idiot, who cares if he is here or not. He's lurking anyway.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
foodieCon

Post by foodieCon »

Suzy Wong wrote:Where are your manners?:eek:

Why do you feel the need to be so rude?:eek:

How much are you paying for use of this forum?
I have plenty of manners. I'm just posing some questions. See, that's what sucks about message boards sometime. I'm just asking a question. You think I'm being rude? As for paying for the board, I see ads on it. So I guess at some point, along with certain other posts on here that the admin has made, we'll be asked to pay for this thing at some point anyway.

Besides, I've seen you be more than rude on other boards. :)

Now my comment about Amarone, well that was rude, but I meant it that way.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Which "boards" are those?

And who are you really, not the nom de plume you're cowering under?
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Admin

Post by Admin »

foodieCon wrote:I'm just curious why the admin here feels the need to be so anonymous? He's certainly vocal. What do you have to hide? And of course, it's your deal if you decide to never reveal who you are.
We wanted people to decide whether they liked the forum based on its own merits, not on any pre-disposed notion of "it's so-and-so's board".
Most ISPs are not local to the markets they serve. Ours is in a 24-hour monitored and supported center that happens to be in CA. We went with an outfit we've dealt with for quite some time, and have been very satisfied with.
foodieCon wrote:As for paying for the board, I see ads on it. So I guess at some point, along with certain other posts on here that the admin has made, we'll be asked to pay for this thing at some point anyway.
We have already been offered direct donations, and have so far declined. But if you could make a purchase somewhere that you were already going to make, and a portion of it happened to help support something you found of benefit, at no additional charge, would you really call that "being asked to pay"?
foodieCon

Post by foodieCon »

Suzy Wong wrote:Which "boards" are those?

And who are you really, not the nom de plume you're cowering under?
I'm just me. does it really matter. You know the boards I speak of as well as everyone else here. This community is a small one. No need for me to name them.
foodieCon

Post by foodieCon »

Admin wrote:We wanted people to decide whether they liked the forum based on its own merits, not on any pre-disposed notion of "it's so-and-so's board".

But isn't who runs a board like this, part of what makes it what it is? I know alot of people here like to know who owns the restaurants they eat at and don't frequent restaurants based on that, even if the food is "good".

Most ISPs are not local to the markets they serve. Ours is in a 24-hour monitored and supported center that happens to be in CA. We went with an outfit we've dealt with for quite some time, and have been very satisfied with.

This is true of most ISP's. But there are alot of companies here in New Orleans that could certainly use the business and offer the same level of service that Verio offers if not much, much more. But it's cool. I just feel people should know. Again, that's my just my opinion.

We have already been offered direct donations, and have so far declined. But if you could make a purchase somewhere that you were already going to make, and a portion of it happened to help support something you found of benefit, at no additional charge, would you really call that "being asked to pay"?
No additional charge?? Someone has to pay all that. But this is the kind of discussion I'm not willing to have on a discussion forum. Wanna meet for lunch? We can talk it over.
Admin

Post by Admin »

foodieCon wrote:No additional charge?? Someone has to pay all that. But this is the kind of discussion I'm not willing to have on a discussion forum. Wanna meet for lunch? We can talk it over.
Not sure of any reason why. You're fishing with your little trolling motor and you know it. You also are familiar with the Amazon Affiliate program. Because you use it yourself, you know it doesn't raise item prices to pay referrals vs. a non-click-thru. We know who you are (or who you're posing as), and either way, we don't appreciate you raising questions to non-issues here. So, please, go back to sucking up to Leigh over at TOB, where there are at this moment fewer members online than here.
JonSmith

Post by JonSmith »

Admin wrote:Not sure of any reason why. You're fishing with your little trolling motor and you know it.

Kick his ass, Sea Bass.
foodieCon

Post by foodieCon »

Admin wrote:Not sure of any reason why. You're fishing with your little trolling motor and you know it. You also are familiar with the Amazon Affiliate program. Because you use it yourself, you know it doesn't raise item prices to pay referrals vs. a non-click-thru. We know who you are (or who you're posing as), and either way, we don't appreciate you raising questions to non-issues here. So, please, go back to sucking up to Leigh over at TOB, where there are at this moment fewer members online than here.
See, I was never hiding. That's the difference though to me.

And anyway, I'm not sucking up to Leigh, he just happens to be a good guy that's trying his hardest to keep a as many people happy as he can on both sides of him.

Someone on here brought up the fact that maybe I/we shouldn't complain because this service is free, but shouldn't that be said of them.

Anyway, me and my little trolling motor are going to putt putt onto other topics and when you have 3.5 years under your belt and this place is still going, we'll go have lunch. Trust, me, I'm not posing as anyone other than myself.