Lunch at J'Anita's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Duke

Re: Lunch at J'Anita's

Post by Duke »

Shannon wrote:Are the granitas every day? Or do I need to check? It's been WAY too long since I made it out that way. I think that would get me to make the drive that way.

Chris is working tonight. I had other plans for dinner, but the kids would be ECSTATIC if I picked them up and said 'we're going to J'Anitas instead'. I can't tell you how many times they've asked in the last few weeks.
We have mango and lemon and still some canteloupe. This will be pretty much a daily thing in the summer, unless we get slammed and sell out.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

I'm there tonight - for the mango. And maybe the lemon to go. Hell, I might get cantelope too. Maybe I should bring a cooler with me for the drive back to Kenner.

We will see you tonight.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

justagirl wrote:LOL Isa...what, was that too hard to follow? LOL

Yes, Kim's been making granitas. I got a Beach Sammich and pot salad Saturday to bring home for lunch and Kim gave me a couple spoonfulls of the Cantelope Granita to try. I still have it..I kinda forgot...
:p

Just shock! I haven't heard a word about soup or granitas!
Wow! That's great! I love granita!

Thanks for the heads up yall!
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

The Granita was good! I had the mango - and had to fight with my youngest (who won't touch mango the fruit) for it. It was really good.

Kimmie told me how she did it but I forgot. I'll have to get her to tell me again. The kids would love making it - I do remember that it was easy.

(the soup was gone - but I was happy with my fish sandwich, my youngest with his burger, and the oldest with nachos).

Great meal, great price ... and I walked away (well, paid for) a really cool peice of art from J'Anita's wall.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

J'Anita's always = :D
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
kimmiethebeadwench

Post by kimmiethebeadwench »

TulaneRebel wrote:The Fish Sandwich there continues to be the best sandwich in NOLA.

Thanks!!!! It's one of the reasons I married that man.... just one of them mind you.

Doin a canteloupe granita in the am... should be ready by supper time
JonSmith

Post by JonSmith »

get ready for the smith family for breakfast tomorrow, screaming kids in tow and all.....
"I wonder...what the Vintners buy one half so precious as the stuff they sell." - Omar Khayyam
Duke

Post by Duke »

JonSmith wrote:get ready for the smith family for breakfast tomorrow, screaming kids in tow and all.....
Advisedly, the earlier the better. We tend to jam up after 10am or so on the weekends. Our small kitchen prohibits offering breakfast and lunch at the same time, so sometimes we simply have to close for 30 minutes or so to make the changeover.

Also, due to the bike race at City Park on Sunday (both my breakfast guys are riding in it), we will not be doing breakfast on Sunday this week only.
kimmiethebeadwench

Post by kimmiethebeadwench »

Silly Bike geeks...depriving the starving masses.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Glad I saw this...I'm a fixture there early a lot of Sunday mornings.

Jon, I hope you and the family enjoy it! I love the fact that everytime I order my eggs over medium, I get my eggs over medium...that does NOT happen anywhere else in this city.

Oh, and the grits are awesome! Just taste before you season them because they propably wont need any more seasoning.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."