Dakota Report

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Jesse

Dakota Report

Post by Jesse »

Wife and I went to Dakota last night for dinner and enjoyed it quite a bit.

She started with the Brie & Crabmeat Soup, which was delicious and almost more of a sauce than a soup. It was VERY rich and creamy and one of the better soups either of tasted in a while. I had the Shrimp and Grits app, which had 5 pretty good size shrimp with a molded mound of grits and a pretty good sauce. It was a good version of this dish.

We also split a salad the call The Blue, which was baby greens, diced apples, roasted cashews with a vinaigrette with a little bit of crumbled blue cheese. My only complaint was the relatively small amount of blue cheese on a salad that was named for it. But it was very good nonetheless.

For entree, I had the Smoked Pork Tenderloin which they served with a cane syrup BBQ sauce, which was good though a bit sweet for my tastes. It also came with diced, fried sweet potato home fries, a good amount of bacon smothered greens and pickled red onion. It was all delicious. Wife had the filet which was served with grilled asparagus and a potato cake. She said it was perfectly cooked and very good.

For dessert we split the belgian chocolate pate with burnt sugar caramel which was really, really good and even more rich.

The Morgan Chardonnay and Pinot Noir (which I can't remember the name of) were both very good and matched the meal wonderfully. The service was spot on. I think this is easily the best restaurant on the Northshore.