American Idol

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Admin

Re: American Idol

Post by Admin »

Bottom 3 (in no particular order): Scott, Kris, Lil. And, if as expected, deservedly so.

Read a "spoiler" list of tonight's song choices. Have to admit Matt, Danny both far exceeded initial expectations. Anoop redeemed, and back to underdog status, regardless of the Justin Guarini-esque, obviously-forced and ultimately unnecessary mea culpa. Solid, solid performance from Alison: the youngest is already the "artist" the judges seek to see emerge from some of the rest of the pack. Adam once again pulls one out of far left field, to his advantage, but still can't imagine him selling records based on an audio-only performance sans the theatrics.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I missed it tonight..is there anywhere I can watch it online?
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Maybe Youtube. They would at least have the individual performances, I would think.

I felt sad for Scott who can't see his detractors to gauge his reactions to them. I hope he goes for his sake. VFTW is backing him, though so I don't know. Hopefully they won't make that much difference. Keeping him on will be cruel.

I agree with Admins bottom three although I feel Matt deserves to be in Kris's place.

ANOOP!! Redemption! I just like Anoop even though some of my reaction might be Kutner driven. His loss on House made me so happy to see Anoop. I was surprised.

Allison rocks.

Kris sucked. Lil sucked. Scott, poor Scott.

Simon gives Adam a standing o. Has that ever happened? I don't think so.
Now this is more like it.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

dragongrrl wrote:ANOOP!! Redemption! I just like Anoop even though some of my reaction might be Kutner driven. His loss on House made me so happy to see Anoop. I was surprised.
http://gawker.com/5202193/mr-kumar-goes ... e=true&s=x

"If you're wondering why his character died on House last night, you now have your answer. Kal Penn (Harold and Kumar) asked to leave the show to take a new job with the Obama administration."
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

I know. I guess he's very happy with his new job, but us House fans will miss him.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Admin wrote:Bottom 3 (in no particular order): Scott, Kris, Lil. And, if as expected, deservedly so.
according to:
http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp
Kris will be going home unless the judges use their save.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Admin

Post by Admin »

If you hover over everyone but Adam, they all say "predicted to be in danger of being voted off", and the MOE may place Kris as high as 2nd (doubtful, but we'd never know, would we?). We shall see. His performance last night was another downslope on his rollercoaster. Couldn't have come at a worse time for him. My preference is for Lil or Scott to go. One has been warned to step up her game too many times, and has failed to do so; the other's courage I admire, but he's already gotten more than a couple of passes.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

"I don't think they'd use it for Kris. Maybe for Lil, definitely for Allison, but not for Kris. Not the only veto of the season."

I said this and then they almost used it on Scott.

He did sing much better the second time than he did with the electric guitar. I'm sure the decision was hard for all, even Simon.

I feel for Scott, but I'm not unhappy he's gone. He has courage and AI worked pretty well with him. He brought a lot of variety this year. But he hit some almighty crappy notes.

I'm glad Anoop is there for another week. He'd better bring it next week. He's apparently hanging by a thread.
Admin

Post by Admin »

dragongrrl wrote:I feel for Scott, but I'm not unhappy he's gone. He has courage and AI worked pretty well with him. He brought a lot of variety this year. But he hit some almighty crappy notes.
Agreed. If anything, tonight shows that prognosticating about who's definitely safe and who's in the bottom three is about as useless as trying to predict a Survivor winner. You just never know...
Admin

Post by Admin »

So who's going home? I say Lil is done, over and out. I wasn't too thrilled with Allison's performance, but apparently the judges heard something different than I. Matt and Kris are on the bubble again. Anoop still rulez, maybe a little better than Danny this week. Check this out (somebody's been doing their homework):

I haven't followed Aussie Idol since 2004, but I'd guess this was this guy's "moment". ("Dicko", in the pink shirt, is Australia's Simon Cowell.) Oddly, the TFF original was faster and actually had a danceable beat, despite the starkness of the subject matter. Subsequent covers have chosen this more "haunting" take, to much better effect, IMO.