American Idol

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Admin

Re: American Idol

Post by Admin »

There is often a singer who makes their way further in the contest than is deserved, due to their ability to emulate currently popular "vocal stylists". Usually, they don't make it to the top ten, though. The signature quirkinesses of Amy Winehouse, Adele, Corinne Bailey Rae, et. al. factor into both Megan's style and voter popularity. That she's also easy on the eyes is a bonus for her. She got a pass this week, and I would be shocked if she somehow found a way to raise the bar next week, unless the theme is "Songs Sung From the Neck Up". I think we've already seen everything she's got, and it's getting more boring with each passing performance.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Adam rocks again. Megan sucks again. Vote for the worst will save her so who do we think will go home?

Poor Anoop got lambasted and Matt too. I don't think either one was as bad as the judges said. Lil also didn't impress me but I don't think she'll be in bottom three.

Discuss?
Now this is more like it.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I liked Anoop better than the judges this week. Last week was great, but still not his "moment".

Megan Joy. No joy here.

Danny, I hope the fan base won't bestow the "I-don't-need-to-vote-for-him-b/c-he's-so-good" kiss-of-death.

Alison, you rock.

Scott, best performance yet. Still not enough to win. Nice hair.

As to Matt, I so wish he'd done something else. Doing your favorite current band (and "having a lot of fun up there") is historically (again) such a kiss-of-death.

Lil, girl, you got the goods; find the right songs, aight?

Adam, somebody messed with me and said it was Led Zeppelin week. I was so hoping for "Immigrant Song". But "PTFM,WB" was inspired, nonetheless.

Kris, your momentum continues to build. Don't screw it up. Oh, and that was my Mom's favorite song (no joke).
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

LOL we all have different opinions this week. I'm ready for Megan, Anoop and sad to say..even Scott to go home. I like Matt and Lil..but wasn't in the least impressed this week. I think Adam and Alison were amazing...and Danny was great too...but in the end..my favorite of the night was Kris.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

I liked Kris the best too. Gokey pulled it up, but I liked both Adam and Anoop better than him. Allison sits in there ahead of Gokey too. So that's my top five.

Scott was MUCH better this week, but the hair, although an improvement, was too high for me. He was so tickled when the judges noticed though that I almost started liking it.

My bottom is Megan, Matt(sob), and either Anoop or Lil (as some kind of wake up call). I'd love Megan to go home. "I think my fans liked it." Egads. Right up there with "Caw Caw."
JRO

Post by JRO »

Megan is just to easy on the eyes, she's got me in her trap. GF said I should watch her with a blind fold on.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

JRO wrote:Megan is just to easy on the eyes, she's got me in her trap. GF said I should watch her with a blind fold on.
I agree with your girlfriend. Yep, she has big breasts, long legs and is a cute blond...but she can't sing!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Thank the heavens. VFTW's eeeevil plot has failed and that smug, silly ass is gone. Her "gee I'm such a good sport" routine made me want to slap her. Then Simon did it for me.

She was, however, graceful in her goodbye and her relationship to her kid is very sweet.

I will not miss her.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I was ready for her to go too. But, then I thought Simon was an ass to her with his last comments. I felt like she had said.."I don't care" as a defense mechanism. The kid had to know she wasn't even in the league with the rest of the contestants. Not sure how she ever got there to begin with.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Well, I REALLY liked her in her auditions. I'd forgotten that until they did that little retrospective. She looked different and (to me) came across differently. Her hair was a different color too. Anyway, (again to me) it seemed like she just fell in love with herself and felt she could do whatever she wanted and people would still love her. She was willing to risk in much the same way Adam was willing to risk but with a very different effect at least on me. I do think she deserved to be there and I'm glad she got in the tour. I hope she starts taking it more seriously. She should care what the judges say. She needs a lot of adjustment.

That said, by the end I did not like how she was coming across. I felt like she was disrespectful to Simon and I know he's an ass, but they give those people quite a lovely boost into the limelight and even though dissing Simon is a rite of passage on Idol, I've never liked that. Apparently he didn't either.

She showed class at the end.