American Idol

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
dragongrrl

Re: American Idol

Post by dragongrrl »

He was doing someone else's style. He copied it and apparently added to it. Dilana Robicheaux did it that way first.

I didn't like it either, but I like how Adam just doesn't give a &@#*.
Now this is more like it.
Admin

Post by Admin »

kcdixiecat wrote:I was all for Danny at first...now, I'm liking Kris. I know Adam is talented..but I'm tired of him already.

This sounds crazy...but his rendition of the Johnny Cash fan just irritated the hell out of me. It was country music night..so what if he doesn't like country music..be a team player and do what you're supposed to do. It just hit me wrong...you just don't mess with a Johnny Cash song! LOL
Adam will continue to be controversial. He came to the competition with his "style", if you will, already in place. The show's stylists aren't really influencing his "look" much, if any. As to messing with Johnny Cash, I think it's a double-edged sword: contestants are constantly praised for "making the song their own", but criticized if the perception is that they took it too far. Me, I thought it was kinda cool that he didn't throw on a cowboy hat or try to sound like Keith Urban, which he very well could have. By the same token, I've been predicting all season that we'd probably hear a Guns n' Roses song from him if the genre was presented. But, in retrospect, that might be a bit too obvious, and likely would be a bad move on his part.

There will always be fan favorites, but remember, the producers are looking for who will sell the most albums. They can always fix "pitchy" in the studio.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Ok, Adam redeemed himself in my eyes tonight! Great great great performance! I'm ready for Megan to go home...and Scott..and uh...the oil rigger guy.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

He was very impressive. Loved the changed look even though his hair resembled Barbi's Ken. He does make it fun.
Admin

Post by Admin »

kcdixiecat wrote:Ok, Adam redeemed himself in my eyes tonight! Great great great performance! I'm ready for Megan to go home...and Scott..and uh...the oil rigger guy.
Adam stood out again this week (I still think Ring Of Fire was cool). I think you've nailed who the bottom three should be. I thought everyone else was great, save Lil, who is definitely on the bubble with this performance.
dragongrrl wrote:He was very impressive. Loved the changed look even though his hair resembled Barbi's Ken. He does make it fun.
I thought he looked like Elvis meets Kurt Russell circa 1976. There were some moments in that song that he sounded just like Smokey. There's a bunch of YouTubes of him from last year. Undeniably talented.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Admin wrote:Adam stood out again this week (I still think Ring Of Fire was cool). I think you've nailed who the bottom three should be. I thought everyone else was great, save Lil, who is definitely on the bubble with this performance.

I thought he looked like Elvis meets Kurt Russell circa 1976. There were some moments in that song that he sounded just like Smokey. There's a bunch of YouTubes of him from last year. Undeniably talented.
I thought the same thing...he looks enough like Kurt Russell to be his kid!
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Admin wrote:Adam stood out again this week (I still think Ring Of Fire was cool). I think you've nailed who the bottom three should be. I thought everyone else was great, save Lil, who is definitely on the bubble with this performance.

Adam was spot on w/Ring of Fire. Let's not forget that JC covered a NIN song, so artistry and interpretation is wildly accepted in many markets and genres. Adam's RoF could easily be recorded for its Electronica/Chill appeal.

Last night's acoustic rendition of The Tracks Of My Tears was brilliant in that he sang a beautiful version and just secured his advancement in AI by showing his marketability to a different demographic.

Also loved Allison's version of Papa Was A Rollin' Stone. The girl's got lungs.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

I liked Allison too. I think they might be in the final two.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Ok, is Megan going to be this years Sanjaya? I can't believe she wasn't even in the bottom three! I was reading online that she has a huge fan base! They must all be tone deaf.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Well she does have a large teeny bopper base who like that she looks like Barbi. But she has a bigger advantage than that. She's the Vote For the Worst candidate as was Sanjaya and Pickler and several other crazy, erratic AI sngers. VFTW has a HUGE "we hate AI and how they do things" following.

http://votefortheworst.com/

There is also a push for the Woz on Dancing With the Stars.