American Idol

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
JRO

Re: American Idol

Post by JRO »

i think the wild card show was needed. The best singer on the entire show made it through. The girl with the tattoos on one arm, I think Megan joy corky was her name. She is a great singer, best voice on the show. She also doesn't sing the same songs as all the other contestants have through the years
Admin

Post by Admin »

No comments on "Michael Jackson Week", even though there were some remarkable moments, but, WOW, was there anyone tonight on "Grand Ole Opry" country music week that you could honestly say needs to go home? Nobody really screwed the pooch in any meaningful way, judges comments notwithstanding. I kind of wished Robert Plant was in the audience for Adam Lambert's take on "Ring Of Fire". And, thank The Maker, Anoop-Dog is back!!!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Anoop was fabulous.

I hate Meghan although I have to admire her courage. Or her aptitude for self satire.

Adore Adam. Hated the song tonight, but also tip my hat to his guts.
Now this is more like it.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I like Adam too..but tonight..didn't like it at all! Everyone was good tonight..will be hard to send anyone home.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, I can't say that's what was expected, but also can't really argue with it, either. Someone joked to me that the 3G (Gay Goth Guy) Network must have stepped up and voted for Adam. Still not really sold on this "judges save" thing. How would you like to be singing for your life, watching those four huddle up right in front of you while you performed? Hope the shark hasn't been jumped right over the strongest Top 10 ever.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I agree...I think that part just stinks.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

I understand why they have it. Every year we have a surprise jettison where the judges look upset and say "America got it wrong." Okay, I'm with that. I agree. Sometimes America does get it wrong. However, the relentless determination of the show to drag the annoying suspense of "will they or won't they" into every competition is just stupid. They should just roll along and if they want to stop it then stop it. The suspense is provided by us knowing they can do it if they want. Then if they do use it, the audience will be surprised not irritated and led by the nose each week.
Admin

Post by Admin »

So, let's take a straw poll:

Who do you want to win?

Who do you think will win?

(Bearing in mind that the answers given at this early juncture may end up being great fun to reflect upon, after all is said and done.)
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Want: Adam or Anoop(who has no real chance) or Lil. In that order.

Think will win: Lil or Danny or Adam. Also in that order.

But I suck at that sort of thing.

I'll add a category. Who is "worthy" of the save?

I think they'd use the save to pull Lil or Adam off the block. I do also think they could go the whole season without using it.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I was all for Danny at first...now, I'm liking Kris. I know Adam is talented..but I'm tired of him already.

This sounds crazy...but his rendition of the Johnny Cash fan just irritated the hell out of me. It was country music night..so what if he doesn't like country music..be a team player and do what you're supposed to do. It just hit me wrong...you just don't mess with a Johnny Cash song! LOL