Gott Gourmet?

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Pelican Six

Re: Gott Gourmet?

Post by Pelican Six »

I want to live in Duke's world. Except I'd be training them to bus their tables, wash their plates and reset the tables. And lock up when they're done, after sweeping and mopping.

Welcome to Jeff's Totalitarian Automat.
Pellicano Ristorante - home of the Mile-Long Corndog*
*not really
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Duke wrote:Good points. In my imaginary Perfect World where I could "train" my customers, I would train them to not park in front of my place (where parking is already bad enough), then walk a block down to Juan's. But it behooves me to point them in the right direction, then offer them a personal invitation to visit my place next time. Class trumps rudeness every time.

I would train them that the name of the place is "J'anita's" and not Juanita's. Is there a "u" in the name? No.

I would train them that breakfast ends at 11am on the weekend and 10:30 during the week. This is clearly posted on the door AND on the separate sign we place by the door. This does not mean 11:15am. I cannot serve "just one more table."

I would train them to keep their children at the table and not let them go tearing around front and back. The FOH staff is there to serve, not babysit.

I would train them that we are not allowed to serve them alcohol when they are obviously intoxicated when they arrive. Go over to the Half-Moon or The Saint, where no one cares. Similarly, picture ID is required if there is any question of the customer's age.

The bottom line is that the customer is going to do what the customer is going to do -- and (as Chris says) they will go where they can do it. I remember, years ago, being barred entry to a needlessly snooty place in Columbia SC because my pants had "patch pockets." Never mind I was in a tie and jacket and was there to interview a member of Congress. It was silly, and all their policy did was "train" me (and said congressman, who was later governor of the state) to go elsewhere.
Oh goodie I guess I'm a good customer. :)
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Mrs. Fury wrote:Oh goodie I guess I'm a good customer. :)
I'd give myself a C since I parked dead smack in front of J'anita's for lunch Tuesday. I gobbled down a Beach fish sandwich with some zapp's and guacamole. Food was good as usual, especially the fish sandwich.

Company was good too. It was nice to be there for lunch on a weekday since I'm not normally in that hood.
Slicey

Post by Slicey »

Just to let you all know, they have now removed the corkage fee so, its just straight up BYOB.
uptownfoodie

Post by uptownfoodie »

I know these guys and heres the scoop: Before opening they had no corkage fee then someone told them they had to have one so they added $5 ( lower in comparison to the $15 some places have) Of course it is not required, so it has been removed again. Unfortunately many menus and sites sent out had the old version with the fee included - tough break. I would love to say
" confirm all your research" but really- does anyone ever get a straight or consistent answer in this city? a question for another forum... food is good though- I've been several times because I live close by. No complaints here.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Ok, I'll be the one to bite.

So tell us about your dining experiences at Gott Gourmet, Uptown Foodie.