Efforts of Extreme Makeover all for naught

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
café au lait

Efforts of Extreme Makeover all for naught

Post by café au lait »

Seeing this makes me wonder how many recipients of Habitat for Humanity homes lose the home that was of no cost to them. Ridiculous.
LAKE CITY, Ga. - More than 1,800 people showed up to help ABC's "Extreme Makeover" team demolish a family's decrepit home and replace it with a sparkling, four-bedroom mini-mansion in 2005. Three years later, the reality TV show's most ambitious project at the time has become the latest victim of the foreclosure crisis.

After the Harper family used the two-story home as collateral for a $450,000 loan, it's set to go to auction on the steps of the Clayton County Courthouse Aug. 5. The couple did not return phone calls Monday, but told WSB-TV they received the loan for a construction business that failed.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080728/ap_ ... oreclosure
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
PNG

Re: Efforts of Extreme Makeover all for naught

Post by PNG »

I feel like such an idiot for going to school kindergarten through college and working since I was twelve. What an idiot I am.
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................
Alex

Post by Alex »

café au lait wrote:Seeing this makes me wonder how many recipients of Habitat for Humanity homes lose the home that was of no cost to them. Ridiculous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080728/ap_ ... oreclosure
That is just sickening
Sine qua non
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

What was their sob story that got them the house in the first place. And what the heck did they do with the $450k? It's not like they bought a house.
BTG

Post by BTG »

LauraMc wrote:What was their sob story that got them the house in the first place. And what the heck did they do with the $450k? It's not like they bought a house.

I didn't have time to read the article yet, but someone told me they took out the loan to start a business. If true, I guess this is a much better use for a loan against your house than most out there.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Sickening, indeed.

Was watching Glen Beck last night....someone who makes me cringe, but amusing at times.

He was ranting and raving about the FEDS (you and I) bailing out all of these losers who can't afford their house note. :mad:

Why bother working? Why teach children a work ethic? Run up your credit cards to the limit, quit paying back your mortgage, pop a beer and wait for a free bailout. :shootself: