Shrimp on the Grill

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
JudiB

Shrimp on the Grill

Post by JudiB »

I'm having fun with my new skewers.

anyhoooo.... I found this recipe and I thought I'd share it!

BARBECUE SKEWERS OF SHRIMP

This recipe has been selected as the Recipe of the Month for the month of July.

BARBECUE SKEWERS OF SHRIMP

Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould

There are few backyard Bar-B-Que's in Cajun Country that don't utilize jumbo shrimp on the grill during shrimp season.

Ingredients:
1 pound large shrimp (about 10-15)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat gas grill or build a small fire in the barbecue pit. Peel and devein shrimp and place in a bowl.
2. Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Divide shrimp onto 2 wooden skewers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine barbecue sauce and remaining olive oil. Stir until incorporated.
4. Place skewers of shrimp on a greased grill and baste with some of the barbecue sauce and olive oil mixture. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn over and baste with remaining barbecue sauce for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.

Yields 2 servings.

Chef Patrick Mould
Louisiana Culinary Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.louisianaschoolofcooking.com

This recipe is considered a seasonal recipe and should be prepared in Summer for best results!
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Alex

Re: Shrimp on the Grill

Post by Alex »

That sounds really really good!! Thanks for the post. I will give it a try soon :)
Sine qua non
JRO

Post by JRO »

Be careful with the lemon juice, as soon as you put that on the shrimp they will start to cook. Don't over cook on grill very easy to do
buzd

Post by buzd »

JRO wrote:Be careful with the lemon juice, as soon as you put that on the shrimp they will start to cook. Don't over cook on grill very easy to do
Basting helps.
foodieCon

Post by foodieCon »

Judi, you like bacon? I know you do...

If you get thin cut bacon, you could also wrap the shrimp. If you only have thick cut, halfway cook the bacon in the microwave or oven, while it's still soft, wrap the shrimp and cook on the grill as directed.