What is appropriate dress?

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Jerry

Re: What is appropriate dress?

Post by Jerry »

Schuarta wrote:Please, when dining (I said dining, not gobbling a hot dog or such) leave the baseball cap or John Deere cap back in your hotel room! :D
One of my favorite lines by Tony Soprano to a young man with baseball cap in his friend's Italian restaurant:
"They took the bleachers out of here last year and quit selling hot dogs 6 months ago.....lose the hat."
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net
Pelican Six

Post by Pelican Six »

Hope I did not offend with our first visit there last month. I called and asked the girl who answered the phone if jeans and nice shirts would be fine and she said sure no problem.

I was dying to get to your restaurant, but my wife had been through a rough day at the office and wanted to get into some jeans so she could relax. It was at that point she was going to be happy going to II Tony's or the mexican joint by the house. I convinced her that we needed to go to a nice restaurant and she relented with the stipulation that she could wear jeans.
It was a week night and the weather was bad, so I figured what the heck.

Knowing what I know now about how nice your place is, I probably would not go that route again.

I remember meeting you and your wife and your apparel did not make an impression on me at all. So you must have been dressed pretty nicely. Now, the gal who came in micro-shorts, racking out and wore a tablecloth as a shawl - HER I remember.:covri:
Pellicano Ristorante - home of the Mile-Long Corndog*
*not really
gumbo lover

Post by gumbo lover »

I'm in the minority in that I don't really care what other people are wearing to dine in a restaurant, unless they smell or they are revealing "better left to the imagination" body parts. I'm much more interested in my food and the service. I do enjoy people watching, but attire is not a part of that. Other people's clothing generally has no effect at all on my overall dining experience, unless the wait staff is smelly, dirty or has one of those nasty tongue piercings. Those do affect my appetite, somewhat. They should be brushed or something, at least, like teeth.
“It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.” Lewis Grizzard
Pelican Six

Post by Pelican Six »

unless the wait staff is smelly, dirty or has one of those nasty tongue piercings. Those do affect my appetite, somewhat. They should be brushed or something, at least, like teeth.

Or they should wear buttons that say, "Ask me about my Hepatitis!"
Pellicano Ristorante - home of the Mile-Long Corndog*
*not really
gumbo lover

Post by gumbo lover »

More like "ask me for my certificate of proof that I don't have hep".
“It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.” Lewis Grizzard
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

unless the wait staff is smelly, dirty or has one of those nasty tongue piercings. Those do affect my appetite
The very reason I don't go to Juan's Flying Burrito, Magazine St. location. Between the piercings, tatoos, nasty looking clothing, and the wadded up hair (whatever they call that rat's nest style), I'm too afraid of something getting in my food.
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!