Peaches and yoghurt

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
justagirl

Peaches and yoghurt

Post by justagirl »

Another poster, JudiB, gave me some wonderful Ruston peaches. I combined them with some fresh yoghurt from the Mid City Farmer's Market. What a great treat. Now I have yoghurt left but no peaches. It was a great treat.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bdavid

Re: Peaches and yoghurt

Post by bdavid »

I have been making my own yoghurt lately - now I'm spoiled. Can't even look at that storebought stuff. Isn't it good with peaches! I made a smoothie today with peaches, blueberries, a jar of my yoghurt and some ice - it was fantastic. I had been adding an envelope of Splenda - but forgot it this time and the smoothie was even better.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Barb, this yoghurt was better than any of that thick sweet stuff from the store, this was so good. I think I'll be at the market every Thursday that I can make it now.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Sounds great, whenever I see this title I get hungry.

Do you eat/cut the peaches at room temp?

That is, if you refrigerate them at all?
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

My wife is a yoghurt fan. She has been serving various fresh fruit, particularly berries and mellon, in a parfait glass, with complementary yoghurt, and sprinkles of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, for years. Makes a quick, easy to prepare dessert! Very delicious as well. :)
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Suzy, the peaches were at room temp.

If I had some granola (especially the Kashi stuff) I would have added it.