Vega Tapas Cafe

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
mojo

Re: Vega Tapas Cafe

Post by mojo »

Last time I went the music was cranked up so that conversation was not possible in a regular tone of voice. The music was techno something or other featuring a drum machine - not to my taste, but the volume was the worst part.

Asked the server to turn it down and he said that the owner liked it that way , but since it was early (6:30 pm) and there were only a few diners present he would ask the owner to turn it down. A few minutes later, the volume was reduced and this made the experience more enjoyable.

The food was OK, nothing special.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

justagirl wrote:Is Chateau du Lac one of those places I could stop by after work and have a glass of wine and an app/salad at the bar? What about yall Pelican Six...would that work at your place? It's my favourite way of dining out alone. It's usually fun talking to the bartender and whom ever else may be at the bar.
We usually start at the bar at CDL and then never leave, enjoying far too much wine and plenty of good food. The music there is not loud or offensive. And like BTG, I find the bartenders very friendly without being intrusive.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
PNG

Post by PNG »

We have enjoyed okay food at Vega. We have done one of their wine tastings too. The only real complaint that we have there is that, after watching the bartender make our drinks incorrectly and with the wrong liquor, the bartender and server argued with us that we were wrong and they made what we ordered. We sat right there and watched them make the drinks. Lying does not work if the liee is watching you!
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................