Crescent Pie and Sausage Company

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
bam bam

Crescent Pie and Sausage Company

Post by bam bam »

I had lunch there today. Absolutely delicious. The concept centers on fresh homemade sausages and pizza. I ordered Bart's Jambalaya which I had before at French Quarter Fest and absolutely loved. The rice was so fresh and so good. It doesn't suffer from the multitude of problems that encumber restaurant jambalaya. I followed that up with the Bratwurst sandwich which featured house made potato chips. Thin crispy and slightly burnt, these were huge bursts of flavor. The brat came with sauerkraut, a homemade mustard and savory 1/4 sour pickle.

I skipped dessert. Highly recommended. Closed Tuesdays, so you can't go tomorrow. :(
jshushan

Re: Crescent Pie and Sausage Company

Post by jshushan »

I'm glad you had a good meal. BAM- are you actually sure they're open for lunch? I've tried twice and failed. No sign or anything, just chairs up on tables, etc.

If it's worth a third try up in Mid City I'll give it a go. I've just been fooled twice before.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
peychaud

Post by peychaud »

Timely review, Bam. We're headed there with some friends this Thursday night.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

They do have a web site:

http://crescentpieandsausage.com/
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
LiveOak

Post by LiveOak »

I went there maybe 2-3 months ago when they were having a soft opening. I was not impressed by the food at all, though I do realize they were brand new. The building itself is really nice, but I think the location will hurt it. It's sort of on a seedy area of Banks Street.