ATLanta area food

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
JRO

ATLanta area food

Post by JRO »

My first choice is to not eat while in the area. But I'm going to the Masters in April so I will be looking for somewhere decent to eat for four nights over Easter weekend. Our hotel will be in Conyers off I-20, on the east side of ATL. Playing golf one afternoon in Suwanee, not sure about other nights. Anyone have any suggestions of eateries that I will enjoy. Friday thru Tuesday.
BobRSnow

Re: ATLanta area food

Post by BobRSnow »

Fat Matt's BBQ
1811 Piedmont Avenue Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 607-1622
Nothing fancy here, but the food is really good.

For some fine dining, I'd recommend "Canoe."

Two Urban Licks was a really good upscale/casual dining experience in a really cool old building. Here's a Trip Adviser report.
Shep

Post by Shep »

Fox Brothers is better than Fat Matt's. It's in Inman Park. Woodfire Grill was really good and a great wine list.
willifred

Post by willifred »

I know the scene in ATL pretty well....let me know more specifically what you're looking for....having said that:

One of my favorite places in town is Babette's. It is in a little house on Highland ave. There is a strong Louisiana connection there, not necessarilary food, but attitude. My favorite waiter is from Baton Rouge, she's fantastic. This place is Killer French, in a laid back environment. Not a see and be seen place at all. Great bartender....strong coctails made by hand. Food is clean and pure. Some of the best mussels I've had...as good as the ones at Patios (sp) which are my favorite in NO. The fish is always good from the perspective of very fresh and not overly adorned (if it's good, you don't junk it up with sauce). I tend to think the seafood is better than their meat, but This time of year I love their cassoulette. Also , their wine list has a couple of real gems, a Spanish red at around $40 that can't be equaled. You feel like you are really being taken care of when you are there.......
My other go to is a place called Floataway Cafe. In an industrial park near Emeory. It is owned by the people that own Baccanalia, one of the most high profile places in town. I prefer the more casual feel of Floataway. People watching here is a real plus. The place has fantastic atmosphere and a very cool staff. The winelist here is one of the most user friendly I know of. Some super bargans. Some are actually less than I've found for retail. The food is fun and interesting. They always have a choice of oysters...east and west coast. Even if I prefer La. oysters, it's interesting to step out now and then. The frito misto is a standard for us there for the table...it's huge and extremely well executed. I ALWAYS have the Foie Gras...one of my favorite versions on this side of the pond (similar to Bistro Daisy's). It is also very generous considering the expense. Here, I really like the meat, especially the Hangar steak, think La Boca at it's best. Desserts are just plain good whatever you choose. They are never in a hurry to turn the table, so lingering over coffee, (or another bottle of wine) is always the way to finish the evening.
If this is going where you are interested, let me know and I'll continue.