Only one area Starbucks will close!

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
café au lait

Only one area Starbucks will close!

Post by café au lait »

Love 'em or hate 'em, looks like Starbucks will be with us a while longer. Starbucks has made public the list of their 600 locations slated to close, and the only one in the metro New Orleans area that will close is in Kenner. Hard to believe. Here are all Louisiana closings. For the entire list, go here: http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/USStoreClosureInfo.pdf
6326 CORPORATE BLVD & ENERGY DR 5720 CORPORATE BLVD BATON ROUGE LA
6357 SIEGAN & PERKINS 8729 SIEGAN LN BATON ROUGE LA
6414 AIRLINE AND HIGHLAND 19970 HIGHLAND RD BATON ROUGE LA
8321 PERKINS & BLUEBONNET 7777 BLUEBONNET BLVD BATON ROUGE LA
11263 I-10 & SIEGEN 6556 SIEGEN LN BATON ROUGE LA
11264 COURSEY & MARKET 14241 COURSEY BLVD BATON ROUGE LA
11628 ESSEN LN & MANCUSO 5565 ESSEN LANE BATON ROUGE LA
13291 AIRLINE HWY & HARRY DR 8183 AIRLINE HWY BATON ROUGE LA
13292 BURBANK & BLUEBONNET 9837 BLUEBONNET BLVD BATON ROUGE LA
13575 LOYOLA & DUKE 3117 LOYOLA DR KENNER LA
13649 VEROT SCHOOL RD & PINHOOK 115 VEROT SCHOOL RD LAFAYETTE LA
10597 PECANLAND MALL 4700 MILHAVEN RD MONROE LA
11049 I-20 & PINES 6730 PINES RD SHREVEPORT LA
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
Alex

Re: Only one area Starbucks will close!

Post by Alex »

I wish they would have closed the one on Williams that replaced the Whitney bank.
Sine qua non
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

Alex wrote:I wish they would have closed the one on Williams that replaced the Whitney bank.
Only company-owned stores were affected, so Williams must be a franchise store.
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
BTG

Post by BTG »

Alex wrote:I wish they would have closed the one on Williams that replaced the Whitney bank.
Me too. A friend of mine was one of the people involved with opening the coffee shop across the street from this starbucks. It would have been tough for the place to make it without SB opening across from them, but I really can't see them making it now.

The city of Kenner was a real pain in the behind to deal with also. Some dumb clerk cost them alot of $$$ and some valuable time in getting open by how the permit was handled and such.
GuySajerForgottenSoldier

Post by GuySajerForgottenSoldier »

I can't believe there that many SBs in BR! Someone planning on stepping in to that caffeine vacuum?
Hadacol

Post by Hadacol »

I had to do some work in BR earlier in the year that involved driving all over Baton Rouge. In South BR, where the building boom has been going on for a while, some genus at Starbucks must have thought that everyone would be really, really in need of some coffee at all times. Alot of those stores are stand alones (or ate least in small developments where, I am assuming, Starbuck's leased out the other space in the thing). They couldn't have been cheap, but I imagine that they speculated on land that wasn't too crazy priced (compared to many of their other markets). I remember thinking at the time, as I was getting an iced tea in an empty Starbucks (I want to say that it was the one on Essen Lane, kind of in the parking lot of the Security Sporting Goods) that this was a really bad idea. 8:30, during rush hour, with no customers, is not a good thing. They did this all over the country. I spend alot of time in the Northeast and it's amazing how many cities, New York and DC, in particular, have them almost across the street from each other.

Bad planning on Starbucks part, and now they are paying the price.

Plus, their black coffee is terrible. Uggh.
peychaud

Post by peychaud »

Hadacol wrote:I spend alot of time in the Northeast and it's amazing how many cities, New York and DC, in particular, have them almost across the street from each other.
To quote "Best In Show": "We met at Starbucks. Not the same Starbucks, but we saw each other at different Starbucks across the street from each other."
Leo in B.R.

Post by Leo in B.R. »

GuySajerForgottenSoldier wrote:I can't believe there that many SBs in BR! Someone planning on stepping in to that caffeine vacuum?
We have a ridiculous amount. Just in the first two miles of my journey to work, I pass three! Only one of those will be closing (and it was the first one open - on Corporate at "Energy Plaza").