These Go To Eleven...

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
JRO

Re: These Go To Eleven...

Post by JRO »

cstoehr wrote:Woo hoo Saints!!! Today's paper had the loudness decibels recorded during the game. Even at pregame it was LOUD!! :D
There is a boat race commercial for Copelands that is played in the dome. It is PAINFULLY LOUD. I cover my ears when it is played, absolutely louder than the crowd. Bob Breck screaming at everyone is too loud, & the Ochsner commercials too
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

i have attended approx. 85% of saints games in the dome. the loudest i can recall was the '87 wild card game vs the vikings. back then the saints would pump in crowd noise thru the speakers that hung from the rafters. ....anyone see the tom fitz quote how he cant understand anyone liking a sport in which 12 highschoolers died playing?
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

#7 throw away to do list. wrote:i have attended approx. 85% of saints games in the dome. the loudest i can recall was the '87 wild card game vs the vikings. back then the saints would pump in crowd noise thru the speakers that hung from the rafters. ....anyone see the tom fitz quote how he cant understand anyone liking a sport in which 12 highschoolers died playing?
Hey Tom, how many people have died from overeating and the resultant high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, heart attacks, etc. Please spare me.
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

JRO wrote:There is a boat race commercial for Copelands that is played in the dome. It is PAINFULLY LOUD. I cover my ears when it is played, absolutely louder than the crowd. Bob Breck screaming at everyone is too loud, & the Ochsner commercials too
Not nearly as loud as the Ruth's Chris' sizzling butter commercials theyused to play each quarter. As for Bob Breck, I like his spots. At least he isn't trying to sell me something.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Gourmondo wrote:Hey Tom, how many people have died from overeating and the resultant high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, heart attacks, etc. Please spare me.

Very good question!
Sine qua non